Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well was at my dealer last Friday and my 800REV is in. Starting talking about studing the machine and my dealer recommended going with 96 studs. I was surprise considering that last year I installed 144 saber 1.075 in my 02 MXZ 800 and he knew that I bent about 20 of them. His was concerned about changing the balance and handling of the REV with alot of studs. I,m more concerned about having to replace a track if I tear one out. I,m about 240lbs and ride hard. For those who ordered a 800 REV let me know what you think and what your doing stud wise.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You’ll destroy your track with only 96. I wouldn’t go with less than 144 and I’d lean toward more. I’m putting 144 in my new 600H.O.

Go to Saber and look at their recommendations. They claim a 600 with 96 is a mistake and you’ll destroy the studs and the track let alone an 800.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I'm sure guys will say 192 or more but I say to go with 168 as you'll need them with it's power. I think 192 is to many and to much weight to spin. It'll cost to much top end and acceleration.
Caleb

·
Registered
625 Posts
Roughly one stud per horsepower or roughly 144, should be enough for "trail" riding, racing or giving it a real beating may require more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts