Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a predator track, i measured 1.5 inch deep lugs.... what size and how many studs should i use? thanks in advance

·
Registered
149 Posts
hmmm.. are you sure that your lugs are 1.5? that would mean that you need like 1 5/8" studs... seems alittle long to me.. id reccommend anywhere from 168-192 that will give you plenty of bite! also you will probably have to get longer carbide wearbars so you can turn.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok... i thought the lugs were 1.5, but how do u measure them? do u just put the tape from the flat part of the track and measure out the lugs?and im not looking for anything aggresive in the stud pattern... just something thats gonna help me stop on the trails.

·
Registered
149 Posts
measure from the top of the top of the lug to the outside of the track not the inside, my track is a 1.25 but it really just shy of 1.25.. hope this helps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup ur right roost, its a 1.25
what do u recommend i put on it... not looking for anything extensive, just something to stop me on the trails... what do u recommend for length and quantity?

·
Registered
361 Posts
[Go with 1.375" Goldiggers or Megabites. 144 up the middle will be lots for you if you're just looking to be a little safer on the trails.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I would'nt dream of studding a CK-3 chassi with 1.25 lugs, why? Because there is no room in the bulkhead with 9 tooth drivers. If you did they could only stick past the paddle no more than 1/4" and then you better have bulkhead protectors, even if you went with a 1" lug you better have the protectors which by the way, they dont make anymore.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so ur saying that in addition to the tunnel protectors i need bulkhead protectors? the only reason i am studding a 1.25 track is that the lugs dont help you on ice... you could have 2" paddles and ur not goin anywhere on the ice

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
so ur saying that in addition to the tunnel protectors i need bulkhead protectors? the only reason i am studding a 1.25 track is that the lugs dont help you on ice... you could have 2" paddles and ur not goin anywhere on the ice[/b]
Bulkhead protectors are a MUST on a CK-3 unless you want to run your track banjo tight but then you will be burning slides like no other and rob H.P.
Just put a 1.5 paddle on it and be done with it, dont worry to much about the ice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts