Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only down the middle ? Has anyone installed the tunnel protector kit yet. If you have pics that would be great . It sounds like a big job .If you can give some input Please do so .Thanks :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
From what I have heard, you can only go down the middle between the windows. Reason being, is the beaver tail in the back. There is an aluminum piece that sticks down about 3-4 inches under the beaver tail. If you stud out side the windows, the studs will hit this part.

I have talked to one person who has studded the rev. They got the kit this weekend. They said the directions are very straightforward and the pieces work well, but the sled is poorly set up for the studs.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Jbird,
I don't know where these rummers start, but I can tell ya this. I studded my REV-X with 192 woodys 1.175's.
And I did the outer belts. There is a ton of clearence at the rear flap, not EVEN close (aluminum and all).
I didn't order any kits from ski-doo either. People are making a big fuss about this entire thing. If you had an 02' MXZ, just stud it the same way (because it IS the same).
By the way, I just got in from a ride and all my studs are still there as well as my tunnel, beaver-tail, heat exchanger, etc.

Trapper

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I must have a real odd ball Rev 800 sport Because its protectors that run in the exchangers are alot closer to gether then my 02MXZ. If I were to stud my REV with 144 with the same pattern It would hit both the heat exchanger protectors and the new protecters installed on the outside of the windows. Is the X different then the sport?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to the woodys site and they show you a picture of under the Rev tunnel. I have a Rev 800 x and thats what it looks like ! I am installing the skidoo protecter kit and running 144 down the middle . This is what skidoo says to do and what woodys says too! Its a :cussing: but thats life .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thats what I,m doing 144 down the middle using double and single backers. what I don't understand is how others have posted that the Rev is the same as my 02MXZ when my is not. I must have compared the two sleds at least 5 times after I read that others are just studding their Rev the same as they did their 02. If others are also studding 144 down the middle would like to know what pattern and what their thoughts are to using double backers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm planning on studding 144 down the middle on my REV. Here's a picture of a universal 144 pattern down the middle from the woody's website with both double and single backers.....I'm planning on doing a slightly modified version of this. They also have a pattern for all single backers. Keep in mind the tunnel protectors are further in from the track windows on a REV like others have mentioned, so you'd have to make the pattern a little tighter than the one pictured to clear the protectors.
I agree that studding a REV shouldn't be a big deal. I can't believe there isn't enough clearance between the track and beaver tail to accomadate studs, especially on a 1" lug track. And as long as you install the taller tunnel protectors and make your pattern so it doesn't hit them, I wouldn't think there'd be any problems. Does anyone know what the ski-doo tunnel protector kit actually consists of besides the actual tunnel protectors for the heat exchanger???

Just in case the picture doesn't work here's the link http://www.woodystraction.com/trailpat2.htm
It's the one titled "144 studs center, double & single".

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
The ski-doo protector kit I have seen also includes a set of gides that have to be mounted in the tunnel on the out side of the track windows. Then you slide in a protecter like the ones used in the heat exchangers. This is why they want studs in the center only not out side of the track windows.

·
Registered
215 Posts
It's the same as your 02" 800 (close, on the inside od the windows). You probly just didn't notice (I didn't untill I finished studding the 02" and had to move a few studs because they hit the protectors).
I doubt your sport is any diff. than my X in the heat exchanger dept.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am getting ready to stud my new REV 800 with 192 studs and I plan on studding outside the window... If anyone has any factual words of caution I would greatly appreciate them..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts