Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to use Fast Trac studs on my 03 Prox 600. I went to their website and for that specific sled it said to use 1.175 length Top Gun II's. This length seems to me to be a little long, any input from all would be greatly appreciated. I like Fast Trac's because their Stainless Steel. Woody's website for that same sled has them listed at 1.075. Their should be an across the board standard. Thanks for any replys.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The stud guys that make studs have got to get there act together and all start measureing studs the same way.....(we need an industry standard of measure)
Many go by the total length, but some measure from the top of the shoulder....... or basically some measure from inside the track and others from the outside..... Well the track thickness is near the amount that you want them to stick up above the cleat, so the way fast trac or any other stud company is figuring their length (allowing for the track thickness or not) is critical to the length you buy........

Stainless steel is a great choice and is the only way to go in my opinion... very durable, no rust, and they're fairly reasonable......

Good Luck............ DooZ........ ??? ???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts