Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How tight should your studs be. I' not looking for a value. Should they be tightened enough that the head actually sits in the track a little or is that too tight?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
ABOUT THIS :cussing: TIGHT!

·
Registered
959 Posts
i have always made them tight but not tight so they sink in to the track just tight so they wont come off i dont see anyharm if the went in the the track a litle though if you go to far it will damage the track and they will rip out easier

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just put mine in with a torque wrench at the recommended lbs for Woodies and they pull flush. There should be a smooth transition from the track to stud to track. Good luck.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have always tightened them as tight as I can get them and I also use red Lock Tight. Riley

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Flush with the track has worked for me on over 7 sleds. I made the mistake of using red loctite once and will never, ever do that again :cussing:

You can't remove them if you ever need too. We studded a buddies sled and he insisted on using loctite with those bad Sabers of a couple years ago, you know, the ones that wore down to nothing. We couldn't get them out because of the loctite and had to use a torch to heat them up. The nylon in the lock nuts is suffcient, I have never had a stud come loose using lock nuts with no loctite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts