Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have two sled one that is new and one i got used the used one has studs my new one dose not i dont see nothing batter with the studs then with out should i stud my new one or not and what do i get out of it by doing it

·
Registered
593 Posts
Traction. Do you need more on icey or hard packed areas, then stud. other wise if you are happy with the handling than don't worry about it. Its up to you and what you like and your riding conditions.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Do you ever run into icey conditions on the trails. I have never had studs in my sleds untill 2 years ago. Now I will never Run a sled with out them. I like that when I am coming to a stop & there is ice on the trail, I can stop. In the corners I don't have to worry about spinning out. It makes it alot safer & can have some fun out on the lakes. If you never see these conditions then I think it is a waist of money. Some people worry about ripping studs out (me included). I find that when you get into low snow conditions, you slow down. Try not to spin your track. Most of the time it is the rocks & stumps that will rip out or bend studs.
:D

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wear we sled In the summer i can see a lot of rockes in stuff like that thats what makes me worder. How hard is it to pull a stud out? and what well it do to the sled if it comes out?

·
Registered
795 Posts
wear we sled In the summer i can see a lot of rockes in stuff like that thats what makes me worder. How hard is it to pull a stud out? and what well it do to the sled if it comes out?[/b]
I find that studding a track down the center seems to take more of a beating then the outside edge. If you rip a stud out on the outside edge then the track is pretty well junk or you half to get it repaired, which I find exspensive. If you don't ride in icey conditions don't stud it. If you do then stud it down the center & take it easy in low snow conditions.
Another thing you can try is wait for winter & ride both sleds & see if you like riding the sled with studs or without studs better. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts