Snowmobile World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a company online that is selling Saber brand studs for as low as 1.07ea for a 1" carbide with nuts, backers are extra around .35each. Has anyone used this brand? and are they any good for the price? they also are selling factory second for around .55 each for a 1" carbide trail stud!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind on giving opinions on saber studs i looked at some old postings and have had enough!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is nothing wrong with Saber studs or backers!!!!!!!!! The problem is with the installation :cussing: 95% of the sleds that I have seen, with trouble is because of poor installation !!! !!!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Good, I hope you take the advice! Ron, I believe his name is, the owner, should be run out of the country for selling his crap!
I see in the latest issue of SnowTech he is advertizing for racers to use his product, what does that tell ya? :nervous:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Improper installation my A**! They had a bad batch of steel some time back and wouldn't stand behind their product. They blamed everything except the product. Because of that, they can rot for all I care.

Maybe I should explain; Last year a buddy bought some woody's and I recommended he get SS (woody's didn't have their ss studs out yet) because they don't look so bad in between rides. The one time he listened to me, he took them back and got Saber Top dogs. As a matter of fact, he paid thru the nose and had the dealer install them. The first weekend out, after about 100 miles he was adjusting his track and noticed that the studs were all tore up, with almost half of the tips gone. He immediatley came over and looked at my studs (with 2,000 plus miles) because we went thru the exact same trails and figured we rode over some nasty stuff and low and behold mine looked great.

This is where the fun really started because Saber wouldn't return his calls! Finally after a call from his dealer they told him to remove every single stud! Pictures weren't good enough, all the complaints weren't good enough, they wanted all of them back for inspection. Out of the 192, they replaced roughly 168 and sent the others back with the new ones. What #######s!

Don't send them a freakin dime!

Icing on the cake is that the dealer got so pissed they dropped Saber from their product line, and they sell alot of studs too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
saber is the worst co to deal with me and a few friends went in on about 1200 studs from saber about 2 years ago by the end of the first ride we all lost more than 15 each and the rest were beat to sh!t they told us it must have been a bad batch also replace the ones we had left made us buy more for the ones we lost and the same thing happened again lost about 10 or 12 each first ride they suck i have said it many times before i have other replies to other people saying the same thing the only thing they are good for is fishing they make excelent sinkers :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know about there old studs, I have put in 10,000 ZXP studes and had know problems! I even abuse them!! I ride on dirt and rocks and some snow!!(trail) I even grass race with them!!(to race in stock class) I always run long 1.38 with nylon backers on .91 track!! That is why I don't know why so many people have problems!! This sled has 1000 hard miles!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've ran saber studs for the past 4 years and i have had no problem with them. I have never had one bend on me so i don't know where you people are coming up with that. I don't see myself switching to any other brand of stud in the near future. Keep making high quality products saber. :)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Gee, kind of strange that the people that like the sabers only have a few posts. :sarcasm:

I just took what was left of 144 out of my sled, and I'll never buy them again. I lost most of the tips last year. Just for something to do, I took a new Woody gold digger, and one of the newest sabers, and took a file to them. The Woodys are almost twice as hard to file.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I was thinking the same thing BellevilleMXZ.

Out of 72174 post on this site this is the only one people have a opinion on?

We have lots of brand loyal people but most like to talk about the sled before the stud.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Originally posted by Max Climb@Nov 15 2002, 09:19 AM
BellevilleMXZ didn't your parents teach you? If you what to bash someones product line because you work for Woody's don't you think you should not be so open about it??? I too have run the Saber products for years now and so have many others. Most of us have lives. We usually don't have time to waste cutting someone down. I have had nothing but fun. Fun saving money, fun riding and having excellent traction! I too have the XZP studs now. Ran them last year when there was little snow. Studs look great to start this season again. You go Saber! The XZP is another great stud!!
Work for Woody's???? Look where I live. They are junk, want me to post a pic of my sled tore apart in the garage with the big pile of trashed studs beside it?.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Looks like someone hit a nerve at sabre's HQ. I can tell you one thing if Ladyk needs studs for her gade this winter, Guess what kind she WONT be getting. I will be using stud boys just like I got her last year.
The file idea is a good one Belleville mxz. Are you sure that you are not working at woody's headquaters there in belleville, LMAO.

Companies must realize the power of the internet these days. No longer can they pull the wool over their customers eyes. It can make you or break you. The only thing worse than a crappy product is a crappy customer service DEPT. I realize that all companies can make mistakes, but it is how they deal with their mistakes that matters. M3C

·
Registered
980 Posts
Originally posted by permafrost@Nov 15 2002, 08:40 PM
The file idea is a good one Belleville mxz. Are you sure that you are not working at woody's headquaters there in belleville, LMAO.

I wish I DID work at Woodys!! I know what I paid for the studs and backers at the show in Toronto!! LOL

·
Registered
678 Posts
They don't sound too good to me if you go through 10,000 in 1000 miles! :)

I don't know about there old studs, I have put in 10,000 ZXP studes and had know problems! I even abuse them!! I ride on dirt and rocks and some snow!!(trail) I even grass race with them!!(to race in stock class) I always run long 1.38 with nylon backers on .91 track!! That is why I don't know why so many people have problems!! This sled has 1000 hard miles!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
:cussing: I will also bash sabre!.I bought 192 for my o1/800 at the 00/01 toronto show.After around 500 miles these pieces of crap were all missing tips and were bent!.The snow conditions were great.I called the rep for sabre and he basically told me to go [email protected]#k myself.So much for customer care!.When i sold my 97/670 it had 5200 miles on 144 woodys and only 30 ever had to be replaced.When i bought my 02/800 i bought woodys again because i learned from that costly mistake from sabre. :cussing:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I find it rather weird that everyone in here is bashing saber products and then you all say how woody's is the best. Why is it that no one is talking about any other company? I've run Sabers studs for the past 4 years and have had few problems. When a problem did arise I called Saber and they asked me to send them proof and when I did I received new parts in 3 days!!! Some people with warrenties like too see proof and thats all they have ever asked for. :D

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Looks like someone hit a nerve at sabre's HQ. I can tell you one thing if Ladyk needs studs for her gade this winter, Guess what kind she WONT be getting. I will be using stud boys just like I got her last year
We ran STUD BOY studs last year on ladyk's 02 mxz 700. Almost 5000kms not one bent or broken stud., And she pushes every corner. They only had normal wear. For myself I would never WRECK a track by putting studs in, but that is just my opinion.

For all you Sabre reps, you know who you are. If you would of actually stated who you are and took questions. I think you would of found a more positive response, than by pretending that you are some super satisfied sabre customer. We welcome sabre or any sled type buisness reps to our forums. You could of used this a chance to clear things up with some people, but instead you have alienated everyone even farther from your company.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have used many studs, 1000's of studs:
Micro Belmont
X-calibar
Fast-trac
Woodys

I like them all and they performed & last the way I thought they should.

I have not used saber so I can't say if they are good or bad. I just think it's odd to see people post for the first time just for this topic. We have the same post on spark plugs, oil, Funny fuel, tracks, apparel... and not a peep out of you guys. Now thats WEIRD :sarcasm:

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Originally posted by permafrost@Nov 16 2002, 07:46 AM

For all you Sabre reps, you know who you are. If you would of actually stated who you are and took questions. I think you would of found a more positive response, than by pretending that you are some super satisfied sabre customer. We welcome sabre or any sled type buisness reps to our forums. You could of used this a chance to clear things up with some people, but instead you have alienated everyone even farther from your company.
<span style=\'color:red\'> BINGO

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.