Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone...deja vu.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Sorry XC...look on page 3 of this forum....same situation as yours.
The general concensus was that the studs should be no longer than 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch taller than the lugs.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
If you are going to be trail riding, without actual measurements, they look too long the problem is if the stud can't penetrate the surface it will deflect under load causing possible tear out, go to woody's web site http://www.wiem.com/intro2.htm
:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My point is that if a stud is put in right you won't tear it out or break it !!!!!!!!!!! This is a .91 track with 1.38 studs and I trail ride and race it!!!!!!!!!!!! The sled has over 1000 miles with those studs!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
XC Racer... a little off topic, but I have a question..

Are those Saber nylon backers you have installed?? Any problems with them and the 1.38 length studs? Just asking cuz when I went to the snow show, a dealer told me not to use the regular square backers with my 1.375 studs, but to go with the angled plastic backer plates instead... What do you think, have you had any problems with the nylon backers cracking with studs that long??

Thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you have 1000 miles on them and they look good, what's your problem ???

·
Registered
708 Posts
to me they seem to long i would have went with a max of 1.25 but really would need 1.125"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
uprider
I had no problems at all!! These are P95. Saber just came out with a P97 this is a 1" 1/4 backer. If you are worried about it run them. This is a nother sled with 1.25 with P95 on a .91 with 1400 miles. It doesn't have one bent stud!!

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
I wasnt worried about it, I planned on getting the 1 1/4 size backers anyways, I just couldn't figure out why the guy at the snow show said to go with all angled backers, I just saw your picture and figured I'd ask before I bought. thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts