Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have painted my Edge from the factory "BLACK" ski loops,
grill screens and rear shroud vents to the screaming yellow scheme. I used spray paint that bonds well with plastics and polymeres; the plastic components have taken the paint well and I am very impressed with the results.

Make sure the paint cures in for a week before placing the plastics back on to the sled. Once the paint has cured there was no notable flaking when handling the ski loops.

as for the vents that flank the gas tank, I purchased some gutter guard mesh and cut the mesh to fit the vents. I painted he mesh screaming yellow and I have to say it was the best $1.50 set of screens that i have ever seen!!!

See my Pictures to follow:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
That looks great.  Good job.  Where did you get the paint for the plastic at and what brand is it.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Very nice work.  You inspired me to maybe pull the cover off my sled, and see what I can do to it this weekend.

I would also be interested in the paint type.

FishHog

·
Registered
518 Posts
Very nice!  Good work.
Hmmm. Now I'm wondering what I can do for my ride. Did that paint come in green?

·
Registered
310 Posts
that is an awesome job, right after i read that and saw ur sled, i went out and took the grill kit off mine, i think im painting mine red.  i have a yellow mxz 600 2001.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Geez Dan,

Your shop floor is nicer than the ones in my house.

And my poor baby is resting on concrete.

·
Registered
959 Posts
no kiddin  we have tile in our house and the garage is concrete nice shop  someday ill have one that nice

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The paint that I used was KRYLON...............match the cap of the can with the color you need.

Appreciate the compliments guys!!!!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Thanks !!!  i used the same kind of paint. Kyrlon is made by sherwin williams so its goos paint !  

The floors come from a house that had a flood so they ripped evething out, i took the good part and made a nice and cosey house for my sled, Its not as big as i would want it, its only 14 x 20 but for the sled its perfect ! Oh yeah the flood was in the kitchen so that is why i have thoes nice kitchen cabinets also ! il take a better pic and post it !

Last edited by DanR at June 28, 2002, 11:14pm

·
Registered
575 Posts
Good job on the sled accesserizing guys. I just wish you posted this about a year ago cause I went out and bought my screen kit from the dealer and paid a fortune. Anyway good job guys
Oh ya nice shop DanR

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I moved the Phazer from the shed to the garage on Friday to start tearing it apart (I'm putting a Cat skid in it and cleaning it up), and the darn thing started on the second pull after sitting since Feb/March.  What a great sound!  Driving it 200 feet across the grass was the most fun I've had in months.  I had my 20 month-old son on with me (wife was at work) so it was a very short ride, otherwise I probably would've ripped up and down my backyard until it overheated.  The exhaust brought a tear to my eye (or maybe that was the Injex;  I gotta switch to Amsoil.)
Can't wait for snow!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts