Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever replaced their skis with wheels and ran your snowmobile in the summer? Not sure what it would do to the track or other components.
Living in Florida I sure hate to let my machine sit for 50 weeks out of the year but wuld never do anything that would hurt it. I've discussed putting a set of wheels on it and running it on the beach but very concerned the sand would really tear it up. I know Elvis loved snowmobiles and owned one and he put a set of wheels on his and used it in his yard.

Thoughts?

Richard

·
Registered
211 Posts
Kay. Did this once with an 85 plus.

we had small utility wheels on the front in the place of skis to move it around in the garage easier. When the snow hit, I drove up and down the road a bit.

It was pretty funny to see the looks on peoples faces....

·
Registered
395 Posts
Forget about summer use, just invent a sled that is still fun, that could be ridden on far from perfect trails, you'd be rich.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
It would probably last about 10 min before overheating!

If it lasted that long[/b]
20 minutes till complete scrap after the first repair.

·
10,054 Posts
I have seen them in parades where they actually run the heat exchangers through a bucket of ice,,,,
I also always questioned whether a fan cooled model would do well or not,,,, I know we ran them all around the pond and then through the pond a few years ago with no problems at all,,,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts