Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my Pro-x ready for summer storage and its all preped except for the seat. I dont know what to seal it with??
I bought some leather cleaner/protective stuff. I was told this will ruin the seat. If it does what should I use instead??

·
Registered
530 Posts
To clean the seat up nice, just use some simple green.  That should also protect it.  But if you want more use some amoral(spelling).  You really shouldn't need to do too much to the seat.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
a bit of vasoline will keep the seat soft, but wont be nessessary if its in out of the weather.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Don't use armourall, it actually dries out the vinyl.  Use this stuff called 303 protectant.  I remember reading about it a few years ago, consumers report said it was developed by NASA for the space shuttle because of the UV rays it faces.  They said it was the only protectant on the market that actually worked.  You can buy it locally at an RV store. I bought a gallon of it from Summit racing and use iton everything from interiors, to tires to hoses.  It doesn't leave a sticky residue and repels dust.

·
Registered
530 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mighty RX-1 @ April 08, 2002, 11:04pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't use armourall, it actually dries out the vinyl.  Use this stuff called 303 protectant.  I remember reading about it a few years ago, consumers report said it was developed by NASA for the space shuttle because of the UV rays it faces.  They said it was the only protectant on the market that actually worked.  You can buy it locally at an RV store. I bought a gallon of it from Summit racing and use iton everything from interiors, to tires to hoses.  It doesn't leave a sticky residue and repels dust.[/b][/quote]
Dries out vinyl??  Where did you get that info.  I've used it many times without a problem.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Exjake @ April 10, 2002, 6:39pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I used armoral once, and I slid all over the seat. It's too slippery.[/b][/quote]
Been there, done that !  
 now i use tire spray to keep the seat shinny and not slipery.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I used to be an Armor All fan too. Heard the same thing about long term effect of drying out the vinyl a few years ago. It wasn't til I heard that, that I figured out that a car dash that I had used it on regularly, and it cracked anyway, that there might be some truth to the rumor. Until then I had just believed I received a dash out of a bad batch. Haven't used it since.

AL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts