Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just puchased a 2006 MXZ renegade 600 SDI and was wondering what to do in prepping for summer storage? I was planning on fogging the motor but someone said that it is not recommended to fog a 600 SDI and someone else said they do???? Any input on storage prepping would be greatly appreciated.
Also any little tricks you have on removing decals on side panels would be nice.

Thanks!

·
Registered
795 Posts
I can't see why you can't fog the 600SDI. I would call a dealer to double check. I would also put stabalizer in the gas & run the engine for 5 mins. I always like to wash it, grease it & loosen the track.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I put stabil in the tank and fill it up with premium. I then take a few rips around the yard, washer her down, and pull her in the trailer. Once in the trailer I pull the airbox and spray fogging oil into the trottle bodies with the sled is running. The sled will start to smoke and almost stall and that is when I kill it. Next I pull the plugs and spray 5 seconds worth of fogging oil down the plug holes and then pull the sled over real slow a few times.
I've did this since new on my SDI and have had zero problems. In the fall I'll siphon some of the old gas out and mix in some fresh but thats about it.

Good Luck :thumbsup:
Jason

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
absolutely fog it. No reason not to, unless you what to fire it up every couple of weeks through the summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts