Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fog the engine and get the entire sled off the ground springs and all, but i have never drained the gas... is this something i should do? i run sta-bil in it and havnt had any probs until this year when i started icing up like crazy toward the end of the season.. what do you think

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I think your icing up is from the temps going from -6 to + 28 every day that aways ad,s water in the mix. use gas dryers with them type of temps . As for the way you store your sled . I take my gas down to about a gallon then start them about every two weeks and add a gallon of new prem -o about mid summer. Plus it,s fun to get a whift 2cl to head.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think your icing up is from the temps going from -6 to + 28 every day that aways ad,s water in the mix. use gas dryers with them type of temps . As for the way you store your sled . I take my gas down to about a gallon then start them about every two weeks and add a gallon of new prem -o about mid summer. Plus it,s fun to get a whift 2cl to head.[/b]

I had about a bottle and a half in my tank still icing.. im going to look for a set of heated carbs maybe at haydays..

·
Registered
252 Posts
i just finished with mine today.first i put stabal in and run it for about 10 minutes to get it through the system.then i shut it off,while its cooling down a little i start on the greasing.i grease all fittings to get any water out.then i spray rust check on the entire suspension under track including all idler wheel bearings on both sides. i have used this stuff every season on my sleds as it is very oily and it seems to stay there.i have never had any seize up on me,i also spray a little on all steering joints.next i lift up the back end and leave it up all summer.then i smog the engine by removing spark plugs and spraying directly into cylinders,after i spray i pull it over a few times.i then spray each cylinder and put the plug back in after i finish with each one.then i spray exhaust with wd-40 to stop any rust from happening while it sits all summer,and i also stuff a rag in the exaust to stop any mice from moving in.then i close the hood,and put a peice of plywood on the floor under the track to keep away from the cement on the shop floor,and i also put short planks under the skies,put the cover on and forget about it till the fall. i have done it this way for years and never had any trouble. i always take them to the dealer in the fall for a pre season tune up and service. this whole thing only takes a half an hour for both sleds,i figure for the short amount of time it takes its worth it.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
There are tons of different opinons on how to properly store a sled. Other than the obvious cleaning, greasing, charging the battery, adding fuel stabilizer etc..etc.. I also add 2 stroke oil to the tank and run my sleds once a month. It's worked well for me for many, many years.

·
Registered
361 Posts
mice dont like moth balls either, i roll some up in a paper towel and put the on the engine

·
Registered
935 Posts
Yes, moth balls every where...You can also use StarTron by STarbrite. It keeps the fule stabile as well as fights water (like dry gas). 2 oz will do a 8 gal tank. I grease all zirts and leave the sled on a wood floor. Disconnect the battery (+) side only. and spay Silicone Lubricant on all joints. Silicone Lubricant doesn't attract dirt. Then let it sit till December. Decemeber I pull the exhaust valves and clean them and run the sleds with new plugs and gas. I do drain the tank now because of the new E-10 gas we have here...It attracts a lot of water.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If your gonna fog your engine do it while it's running so it can the inside of your crankcase and cover internals like it's supposed to. Then when you shut it off if you want to put a little in each cyl do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts