Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting time to switch from yamaha and I'm looking at a 01 summit X700 and a 02 800.  I could use your opinions.  Is the 800 that much better?  is it better at all?  Does anyone know the tourqe and hp comparison of these 2 sleds.  I live in the black hills and prob don't really need the 800 or do I
I sure could use your opinions.  Are any of you selling a sled similar to these and what do you think I should pay. Thanks for your replys

·
Registered
115 Posts
 Just thought i would share my two cents. I have a 700 and wish i would of bought the 800. If you start with the smaller one you will always want the bigger (it seems that way for most of us i think). Now if you are coming from a smaller sled and a 700 is more than enough, stick with that, it is a awesome sled, I love my machine, it keeps up with the 800's as well as the 700's in most classes, but there is a difference in climbing and launching that i noticed when i tried the 800, but again it usually comes down to the rider ability in the end. I have out climbed people on bigger machines because they were not ready or willing to try that type of stuff as well as i have been out climbed by people on the same size sled that are just that much better than i am.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I wish you had posted this earlier ,my dealer has a leftover 02 summit 800 that he will sell for cost,thenI knew a couple guys heading that way pulling enclosed trailers this week for the rally  ,and it would have fit in with one of them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey dooman,  that would have worked great.  I'm trying to work a similar deal with a local dealer.  I'm convinced I need an 800 with a 144.  Does the 2002 have the ZX-X chassis or just the highmark model with the 151.  Do you know the price on that sled.  The dealers here don't like to deal.  If you gave me the number,  I could call them.  thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts