Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I was just wondering if their is any difference in the gearing or cluthcing? why I am asking is because I have a 2001 summit (stock) with a reverse, a 2x144 and I want to put a 151x2 on it but If I have to change a bunch of stuff then I wont.  

thanks

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I don't know for sure but I'd have to think they are the same basic sled.  That is unless one is built on the Edge skid and the othere isn't. I know that Polaris didn't change over all of the sleds the same year. But as far as clutching and gearing you'll have to change it a little I'm sure as that is a heavyer track you'll be spinnig. But it won't cost you a ton of money if that is what your concerned about.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Hehe SledDog. I would tell you to go to ronnies.com but they dont go past 2000. Does anyone know why they dont? Gearing would be lower for sure, at least 1 if not 2 on top. Go to that site west of here if you know what I mean, that's all they have there....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Boomer,

The only stock difference was the top gear depending on your altitude.

High elevations:
144 -> 21/43 gearing
151 -> 19/43 gearing

Sea level (Doo recommendations - depends on dealer)
144 -> 23/43 gearing
151 -> 23/43 gearing (many dealers went 21/43)

If you have 23/43 and go to the 19/43 gearing you will need to get a shorter chain.

Hope this helps,

SummitAK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts