Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok you know them stupid things some people do !!
i did it !! long story short

2000 formula z 700 bone stock 3000 miles on it, went skipping across a pond 7 times on the 8 th time i got turned towards a wooden doc and had to let off sled was 6 feet under i did let off so it was only idleing when it went under i had a friend tow it out loaded it and took it all apart to make sure i got every drop of water out and dirt from pond water.

question being does anyone know what the jugs and head get torqued to? after that u can criticize me for thinking the side said sea-doo not ski-doo.... thanks for any info

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hey, as long as you had fun, didn't get hurt, and you get your sled runnin again.............chaulk it up to a story you can tell your grand kids!!! DooZ :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
thats why i buy the 95 and 96 sleds for good price low risk hope the first 7 times were fun good luck . you should be ready for snow!! :doh:

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Did you blow any lights guages, brakes.... If the motor is hydorlocked it is possible to warp the crank. To dry the seat properly the cover should come off. Grease everything to death to pump the water out. Mix a little bit of oil in your gas and run your machine to get it hot right away dont wait. That will dry out everything inside. You didnt mention it but change your chaincase oil too and check you injector oil and possibly injector lines if you see contamination. Drain the float bowls and dry the air box out. That should cover it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the help the voltage regulator went last year so i had no headlights or tail light, oil looks fine but oil is not that exspensive so i am changing it anyways along with the filter and fuel filter while i have the engine out, ( woo hoo it's snowing ) sorry hadta say it.

yes first 7 times were very fun water didn't feel that cold but there was a lil thin layer of ice that was all gone after the first trip across.

tried for the kill switch but couldn't reach (long story)

again thanks for the help

tw :devil:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ohh I can think of a few of us that don't have any snow in the future that would like to read THE LONG STORY! :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
:withstupid: it has been snowing here alot but all melts the next day :( long stories would be nice to help take my mind off of this snow issue, since ALL of my maintenance on the sleds are done and they are ready for some snow!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok here it goes

i was getting eager to ride and my cousin also, so when we heard there was 8 inches of snow at our cabin we decided to go the next day ( sunday the 3rd ) when we got there there was only 4 inches left but figured just put a few miles on to get everything moving and make sure everything worked.

sunday evening when we were riding around the pond looked tempting. we had alot of fun on it last yearso what the heck, it started to get dark and as i mentioned my voltage regulator was shot i have no headlights or tailights. on the 8 or so trip water splash over the front of the sled and i turned my head to the left and briefly let off the gas ( mistake number 1 ) when i turned my head to the left i think i turned the skies to the right a lil (mistake 2 ) on water it sends you the opposit direction especially with (mistake 3 ) slightly leaned to the left, we were riding close to shore water was only 2.5 maybe 3 feet deep but shore was on the right. when the water cleaned off the visor i realized i was heading for a wooden doc so (mistake 4 ) i let off again and hopped off the left side (mistake 5 ) when i did that the sled turned straight towards the center so i hit the throttle standing on the left side of the sled mind you then realized it was lifting back out of the water some and the water gets to deep for me to stay above water so i sorta jumped on halfway legs hangin off back and barely able to reach the throttle i am fairly light being 5'10" and 150 # but the sled slowed down so much and the extra weight of me and the water logged clothes just started dragging it down figuring the worst thing to do would be to hold it wide open going under water i let off and slipped off the back of the sled by the time i got up to the kill switch it just went under and stalled.

p.s. my little brother asked why there was so much water in my engine i told him it was condensation from starting it and shutting it off

p.s.s. i was dissapointed didn't catch 1 fish

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Dont feel bad I sank too. But I did manage to hit the kill switch before I went down. ;) I sank in February tho. :nervous: Did you have to swim? The worst part about sinking is getting the :cussing: seat dry. I removed mine every night and brought it in front of the woodstove and stood it on end.

BTW- precision skiis turn very well on water ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ladyk :
no i didn't really have to swim water was at my shoulders but the sled was heading further in than me and trying to take me with it while i waited for a rope
:0: <-- my face when i hit the water after a few minutes it didn't feel that bad but ice was starting to form on the pond before we rode across it!!

arctic:
have u ever rode across water? in my opinion (and everyone opinion varys and has a right to that) it was ALOT of fun i can't even promise i won't do it again but i will wait till the end of the season atleast. don't want to mis out on the snow!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts