Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard about these Hyfax from a friend but I can't find them anywhere. Has anyone used them and/or know where I can get them.

My friend called them Super Slides.

Thanks,

Waiting to unleash the beast again.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hardcore & Pimped Out Excuse me.. but wouldn't that high wear factor you report be in total contradiction to their claims to being a friction reduction product? Sounds like you're trying to BS me! ;) Friction reducing Hi-Fax wear faster?,,,,, :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
This is like the can of worms being opend. From what I have herd and read the better than oem slides are good if broken in good and only used in the best conditions. If you some times his some snirt (snow &dirt)they will not last so I just go oem..

·
Registered
708 Posts
I agree the oems are cheaper and for the price of 1 set of the good one you could by 2 of the cheaper ones. I tend to replace hyfax every 500 t0 750 miles that way i figure i get peak performance on my skid :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
500-750? What do u do replace them like 3-4 times a year. Now doesn't tht get kinda pricy!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Have you guys seen the sliders with the holes in them? I seen a set (but dealer wouldnt sell them as they were holding their only set for a racer.. they werent OEM). The holes arnt thru the slider.. what they do, is to allow snow to get in the holes and then they can provide lub and keep sliders cooler. There also is a version that has zig/zag slots in them instead of the holes.

Was at a Polaris dealer (with a Polaris ridding buddy) and they told me that black sliders work best because with the coloured ones, they can't put as much graphite in them due to the colour (graphite is black I think?)and then they are less slippery... duno if that is true or not. Black is also cheaper.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I dont care for the high priced hyfax, for that money all youre getting is expensive hyfax. Ive never had a lick of trouble with oems and yes black does seem tolast longer. Was told its not due to graphite, its due to the change in chemical composition when the color is added. If you do get the hyperfax or superslippery you need to break them in properly or they wont last as long as the originals. If you want holes for trapping snow(and dirt) you can drill you own, many racers do. Or you can use the dynaslides( squiggly grooved ones) I havent looked to see the cost on them. As far as performance goes, money would be better spent on extrovert drivers and a loose track.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Originally posted by Troll@Nov 19 2002, 08:11 PM
Hardcore & Pimped Out Excuse me.. but wouldn't that high wear factor you report be in total contradiction to their claims to being a friction reduction product? Sounds like you're trying to BS me! ;) Friction reducing Hi-Fax wear faster?,,,,, :D
If they are low-friction because they are self-lubricating, then they would indeed wear out faster. By self-lubricating I mean that dust-size particles of the slide break off and act a tiny ball bearings between your clips and your slides. With every rotation of your track you are tearing away material from your slides at an alarming rate.

·
Registered
624 Posts
performancex , thank you for explaining that. I hadn't thought of that side of the coin. :) However, if you were to be sure to "Cure" them properly, and only ride when there is snow, wouldn't they still last longer than OEM's?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Troll, before you go and acuse me of BS, why dont you do some reseach first before you open your big mouth. I have used these products before, have you?????
Also if you ask any performance shop, they will tell you that the teflon/silicone slides are a softer material and are made for racing purposes and that is why they dont last as long!!!!

HOOP THAT INTO YOUR PIEHOLE! :cussing:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yea, I didnt think you would have anything to say after that!

Troll, I just wanna know why you were so quick to say that I was full of BS when you didnt know the answer for yourself?

You just made yourself look stupid! I have used these products before.

And when I was upset about how long they DIDNT last, I found out that they are for RACING purposes and they were never designed to last long.

Next time think about, and dont be so quick to shoot somebody down!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Dear Pinhead,

I had no intetion of "Shooting you down". I was only looking a a statement that didn't sound logical to me.

And forgive me "Oh Great One" for assuming something I shouldn't have. If you wern't so quick on the throttle you would already know I am new again to the sport after 29 years. H##l I had to ask someone what a Hi-Fax was!

I'll bow to your experience, but you my friend are no teacher.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think you have wat to much anger built up inside.
I did not call you any names, in fact, I called you by your screen name!
And you reply back and call me a pinhead!

Look, I was just trying to prove a point to you. Just because something doesnt sound right to you, you have no right saying that I am full of BS.

Not trying to say that you are old, but, if you are just returning to the sport after 29 years, this means you are old enough to know better than to jump all over someone and call them a liar when you dont even know what you are talking about. That is for kids, which you are not.

I am not looking for an appology and I am not The Great One.
I just dont want to be called a liar when I am not! !!!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hardcore,

I appologise for saying something that caused you to think I was calling you a liar. I had no intention of you feeling so. It simply made no sence to me that a lowering friction device would wear faster. I now know differently. Thank you.

When I said "Sounds like you are BSing me,", I meant something more like "You are pulling my leg because I'm new aren't you?" No malice intended at all.

Now the Pinhead thing,, :D Yeah,, your "Hoop that in your Piehole" reply kinda raised my blood pressure a little. I think I thought you were issueing a bit of a challenge with that one, and when I read it,, I bit. :)

I have been using forums of one subject or other for a lot of years now, and SWRules . I have found everyone helpful, and I intend to get along with everybody. I say we just move on, and enjoy the forum.

I'm sorry we made a poor first impression on one another. :( Let's start over. :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts