Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it and how do you go about changing out the suspension blocks?. I have one that the fiberglass nut is worn and it can not be turned.

Paul

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
If you're talking about those triangles, suspend the rear of the sled in the air so the skid hangs, force the spring off the block and slide the block off.  Easy.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
p.s.  there exists aluminum blocks to replace those soft plastic ones.  not sure where you'd get them, tho.

·
Registered
884 Posts
The aluminum blocks are the way to go.  I bought mine from Black Magic.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Black magic is running an internet special on them right now, ends today or tomorrow I think.  They want $40/pr.  You can get black, purple or silver.  I thought about ordering them for looks and reliability, but $40 can be better spent if the plastic ones are still good. Black Magic Racing

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I'am replacing the plastic ones with  billet aluminum ones and I ordered them from Hi-performance Engineering out of Thief River Falls, MN. $39.95  www.hiperf.com  
Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Find a way to lift the back of the sled about 12-18 off the ground.  Remove the bogie wheel next to the long leg of the spring.  take off the piece that holds the spring to the suspension rail.  When the tension releases on the spring, the long arm will hang straight down. (this is why the sled needs to be in the air)  the hole spring will be loose and the blocks will slide right off.

·
Registered
84 Posts
GripNRipRacing has the billet adjusting blocks for $34.95.  Been using his products for 2 years, great quality.  Also, his blocks provide an added % of spring rate over the stock adjusting blocks.

A

·
0 Posts
I found the easiest way to replace them is to roll the sled on it's side, just as if you were checking your carbides.  AC's are balanced to do this, you can even roll them over by just lifting a ski handle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts