Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'am just new to this site and sledding i have a 1998 polaris xc700 and would like some help with the suspension i just started racing on the ice and my track is hitting the tunnel and my heat exchangers i took the stops out to allow more weight transfer to the back for better hook up out of the hole when the blocks are in i just spin and no traction this helped but not much good if the track is hitting thanks guys :withstupid:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
there is a few things you can do. the first, tighten up the track a little. if it hitting that bad it has got to be way loose. second move your front torque mounting location down to the lower hole. this will give you more cleanence in the front and helps in the back to. if it is still hitting put on drop bracket on the rear to get that lower. how large are your studs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is a few things you can do. the first, tighten up the track a little. if it hitting that bad it has got to be way loose. second move your front torque mounting location down to the lower hole. this will give you more cleanence in the front and helps in the back to. if it is still hitting put on drop bracket on the rear to get that lower. how large are your studs?[/b]
i rus a stock track with inch and a quarter studs

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
try just lowering the fta down to the lower hole then if that doesnt work put on drop brackets

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
try just lowering the fta down to the lower hole then if that doesnt work put on drop brackets[/b]
thanks will try that and see what happens this sled had a lot of power it'll run the 660 at 114 mph when it hooks up if the blocks are in the back it just sits flat and spins and we both know who is going to win when it does that :cool:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
you have to drill out the new holes but the holes are predrilled on the plate on the inside of the tunnel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts