Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding this sled pretty hard to see what it has since i just got it this fall. The suspension performs okay but I've notice that the clutch side front is alot stiffer than the mag. side. Is this just a suspension adjustment that's needed or what?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
On an 88, I'd suspect one shock still has fluid in it, the other could be dry?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Not sure about easy, but the only way I know of to be sure, and that's remove them from the sled and pull the springs. At that point, it shoould be pretty obvious? Pulling shocks no big deal as long as you don't run into rusted bolts...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Not sure about easy, but the only way I know of to be sure, and that's remove them from the sled and pull the springs. At that point, it shoould be pretty obvious? Pulling shocks no big deal as long as you don't run into rusted bolts...[/b]

Haha yeah and on an 87 you can almost guarantee rusty bolts unless they were recently removed.

·
Registered
252 Posts
garanteed rusty lol. now would that sled have the(pucks) is what i call them to adjust the stiff or soft ride by the skid plate.you might have one set softer then the other.maybe someone else might have the answer to this.just a thought i had.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll look this weekend for the "pucks". I'm pretty sure that that the sides were close this fall. It seems to have happened over the winter. It isn't too bad except landing jumps means it will throw you slightly to one side. If it involves pulling springs, I'd rather wait until warmer weather. I'll get back to you guys on Monday.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, there are no"pucks" for the suspension. In fact, there isn't much for adjustment. I'm thinking it is an empty shock. Is it alright to ride it like that or will it cause damage? It seems to run pretty normal. I did notice some noise like loose parts moving form the soft side. Any ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts