·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a new suspension under my 94 ext
I dont want to spend big money on this old machine so m-10
out of  reach.
will a fast track like out of 97jag
or will a ett system from a 98 on zr fit?

then on to the front suspension
I have aws3, what will bolt on there?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is a way to update to the fastrack suspension.  I've seen the local mechanic do it before don't know if there are any modifications that need to be done.  If the price isn't to much different defenetly go for the one out of the ZR much better suspension.  I don't know if you can upgrade to the newer front suspension because I think the a arm mounting points are different on the AWS 4 and 5.  Not sure on this though.

·
Registered
404 Posts
You have to know what your doing if you go or know someone who does if you go to 97 or newer.  There was an earlier post a few weeks back that a guy has the instuctions for $20 for mounting the newer ETT suspensions.  
I also have a 94 EXT, but didn't have any access to anyone who knew how to do the newer suspensions.  I just went with a 96 out of a ZRT, it works great, came with the fox shocks etc., it is a "bolt right in".  It made it a different sled.  I now also have a 02 ZR 600, believe me, the newer generation suspensions are awesome, but I'm currently waiting (on backorder)for the heavy duty left rear suspension spring.  I feel the standard springs on the newer sleds are a little soft for me.  I paid $250 shipping included for the 96 ZRT rear skid.  I would highly suggest going that route, since doing mine, I also now feel the sled is still worth throwing a little extra money in, i.e., plastic skis, studs, and now it's a great backup or for my 14 year old to ride, and I ride it when the wife wants to go out, I let her have the new one.  Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts