Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what is the correct way to install the rear suspension on to the tunnel. Do you install the bolts on the front shaft first and then the ones to the rear torque arm and then install the rear shaft tensioner with wheels.I have great difficultes when I do this I end up goihg to get a few friends to help me lift, stretch and
#%$#^&%& at it. I have tried with track adjustements backed off with no difference. It's a 600 Touring

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Front 1st

Middle 2nd

Back shaft last :p

Now try this when its -25 (I did on My Indy 5) :sly:

·
Registered
216 Posts
install the front bolts first. Then take the long leg of the torsion spring off of the roller and swing it down towards the ground(in effect removing the tension from it). The sled should be raised in the air while doing this. After you take care of the torsion springs then either lower the snowmobile or raise the rear of the suspension and track and you can reach up inside with a small pry bar and move the rear scissors arm easily enough to get the bolts started. After you get all of them started, tighten them all up and then tension your track and your good to go. :sly:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts