Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
bigmac,
 a bit less ski pressure but ski pressure is given or taken away by adjusting the front shock of your rear suspension. the spring pressure you have taken away is the resistance the spring has to pull out the shock to full extension.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm tring to set up my Mach-z 96 .... the thing really pushes through the corners ..... I have the ski shocks set at max , front rear 2 clicks from max and strap let all the way out , Rear set at full soft ....

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
bigmac,
 sounds like you are up pretty high on the front rear shock. you said pushes in the corners i think you mean doesn't steer well in the corners and goes wide. set the rear at the second from the bottom unless you go much over 200 lbs. set the front rear in the middle for now and take some of the spring tension off the ski springs. i go 230 lbs. and set it like that, in fact if you lift the front of my sled up the spring tension anymore loose the springs jingle from being loose. you might later set the rearmost at the 3rd highest if you bottom out too often, i bottom out once or twice on a 120 mile ride.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Thanks for the info PauL!

·
Registered
59 Posts
if you shorten your limiter straps you will put more weight towards the front of the sled. it will take some fine tuning to get it right. but you'll know its too tight if your arms hurt after every ride!!

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
the imp,
 what do you know about the limiter straps ? i've never touched mine, i think that the straps are set right that's why i have left them alone

·
1,327 Posts
Hey Paul,

Weight transfer means that the sled will transfer more weight from the front of the skid to the rear.

Some of us younger guys like this 'cause we can pull the skis up or wheely.

I have played with these settings quite a bit. I almost flipped my Storm over backwards on the weekend just fooling around in the backyard on the grass.

·
1,327 Posts
Yep, I was on the grass.  I figured you would know that.  I am not too far from you, I burlington.

The company I work for used to have an office in Downtown Brantford.  Right next to the Armory.

I have a really big back yard and I was moving the sled on to the trailer. I had to give the throttle a couple of pulls on the grass.  The machine used to be a stock 95 storm, but I just finnished putting an Xtra-10 front and rear suspension on it. I also installed a shorter gear, and a new track and studs.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
dpaige,
 the place you work for can be one of two places either jan advertising or the funeral home. now jan advertising has moved to the hamilton~burlington area.

·
1,327 Posts
Hey Paul,

Yep, you guessed it, I am the IT manager for JAN advertizing. which is actually JAN Kelley Marketing now!

We are based in burlington now.  I kinda miss the old office though, did you know it is supposedly haunted?

There is also a tunnel between the funeral home and the old house.  and there used to be one that went right down to the river from the basement, but it has been bricked up!

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
dpaige,
 no i didn't know all that trivia, i know some people that work there if they still do. patty latty and a couple others. forget the other names but haven't seen them lately.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
dpaige,
 yah jeff was raised in the area where i live, known him for 35 years and his entire family aunts uncles. who owns jan now ? i think patty and jeff live in st.george now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts