Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know anything about these sleds? I know they were a one year thing. Strong runner. when it runs. sounds cool, too! where to go for parts. they seem to go through cylinders. any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I bought one of these for a restoration project and just ended up getting rid of it at a loss.  You can't find parts for this sled anywhere.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hotzrt you must be looking in all the wrong places. I just bought three of them in October. I have sold quite a few of the parts. But do have some left. I am going to restore two of the sleds. One of them only has 405 miles on it. I may just sell them as is if somebody wants them. My wife says I have bought more sleds for myself then things for her (isn't that the way it should be?) Kevin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok Kevin. where do I get parts. I had one of these in the late 70's. forgot how much I worked on it! Make sure the cylinders don't loosen up! My old one did and this one did too. Lucky I caught it in time.  I was thinking about restoring but don't want to spend the time and $$ if parts are too scarce. I don't see any of these at any sled shows. thanks for the response, Dan

·
Registered
741 Posts
Dan, run a search engine for snowmobiles on you "puter" It should spit out quite a few snowmobile websites. Snowmobile internet marketplace,VCSA,NH snowmobile museum to name a few. E-mail me at [email protected] and I will get you the websites I use.I will probably have my original painted fury at the Novi MI show this year. I don't do any winter shows (or haven't yet) due to the  fact that I am always riding my newer sleds. The sleds I bought in October have been sitting since the late 70's for one of them and since 76 for the other.That one needs a piaton, thats why the guy lt it sit all these years, ofc ourse I going to go thru the engine, the other one I think besides cleanup and fuel line etc.. needs only a clutch Kevin

·
Registered
11 Posts
HEY SLEDDINFOOL,
THIS IS DOO-THE-DOO FROM THE MAXSLED FORUM. WE NEED TO GET SOME OF THESE VINTAGE RIDERS OVER IN THE OTHER FORUM TOO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts