Snowmobile World banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Sad news my SW family. I might not be able to make the 08 sw ride. I just got done spending $3.000 on my truck to get it fixed. :bash: The whole front end was replaced. Including , all ball joints. inner and outer wheel & hub bearings, inner axle seals, both tie rod ends. The whole nine yards. And the front, rear, & transfer case cleaned and lubed. All this done, took a big chunk of money out that I was saving for this ride. I can go without a week of riding. But I can't go without a vehicle. At least I still have the weekends to go riding. I'M BUMMIN :(

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
What charity are you guys thinking of for this year? Breast cancer again?

My neighbor came over wearing a pretty cool shirt the other day CLICK

SP - It is a long way off, you can save it up again. Start eating Hot dogs and busch's beans :p

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Butch, this is sad news indeed. But, we are still in July and you saved that much the first part of the year you can do it again.......It won't be the same without you up there. You can doo it !

Snow4

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
What charity are you guys thinking of for this year? Breast cancer again?

My neighbor came over wearing a pretty cool shirt the other day CLICK[/b]
I thought it was talked about that we might go with Autism this year. Another great charity imo. Either one is fine with me but I don't know about me wearing one of those shirts Matt.. :huh:

Snow4

·
10,054 Posts
I too was under the impression that we were doing breast cancer yet again. That is what I have been telling companies and places for lodging as I have talked to them. We did do autism the first year and then switched to breast cancer the second year. I also could be wrong, but I was under the impression that we were going to stick it out with breast cancer as long as we were holding the ride.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Like I said Guys, Either one is fine. Breast Cancer is a great charity to work up donations for. :thumbsup:

Snow4

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
How much is it all together (gas, hotels, food...) to do this ride?

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
How much is it all together (gas, hotels, food...) to do this ride?[/b]
well hotel prices would be premature. gas: figure gas there and back home and gas for the sled while your riding(oil too). food: how many days and what and how much you eat. to save dollars find a trailer going north with an empty spot and work a deal out. I know you will be in school at the time so it may only be a couple days or so for you.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
ill have my own trailer, I dont know the gas consumption of my sled, all i know is that it is 7.5 gallons.

What do you mean the hotel prices are premature?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
How much is it all together (gas, hotels, food...) to do this ride?[/b]
Well this is a expensive sport but worth every copper penny spent. I always figured a 100 bucks a day after the hotel is paid-for. The reason I say a 100 is you never know what you will need once your up there . Some days you could burn 3 tanks of gas out in the powder and not even ride that night . It all varies to some point , weather ,food ,beer ,how much riding, breakdowns, bets, and misc things (shirts hats .....)

Snow4 and I figure around 700 -1500 dollars for a week of riding w/2 sleds. That includes food, lodging which is in the ballpark of 65 night pending on the place and if your bunking w/ someone to split the cost .Snow4 and I try to get a place with a kitchenette to cut the cost of eating out all the time too, its alot cheaper.

On oil I top off every day before we ride , if I remember right we went through 3 gals last year for the week in 2 sleds. Not to sure where you will end up on this with your sled , 7.5 gals I'd be looking into a gas caddy to carry . Depending on your milage you might be ok from town to town . On a average we took on roughly 6 gal when we filled up out on the trail . If someone needed fuel , we headed for the next pump.

One thing you can count on is ... everyone we rode with last year looked out for eachother while out riding and we always had a plan for whatever came up . <<< AND THIS IS WHY THE SW PEOPLE ARE SO GREAT!!!. when you run big groups your bound to have somthing go south. We had a few miscues last year from toasted hyfax out on the trail , siezed motor, low oil & fuel AND LOST!!! But in the end we all had a blast

I think your biggest hurdle will be figuring out your range of fuel and oil usage. In the past I packed a qt in the sled . You might not need it but someone in your group just might ....RIGHT Double AA?

Hope you can make it ,this past year was our 1st and it was a blast wont miss another as long as there is one.

MUTT

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
It all varies to some point ,bets, and misc things (shirts hats .....)

MUTT[/b]
:dazed: :dazed:

The reason it is premature is because we don't know yet how much room's will be for this ride.

Snow4

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
lol, i know i can scratch of beer from the tap. I dont have anyway to carry extra parts axcept for whatever i can fit in my coat or pants. Theres no way for me to carry extra fuel. Im sure someone would be willing to carry extra parts for me. I have to find a way to come up with the money.

One thing i would be a little nervous about is deep powder riding. The sled doesnt have as much ground clearance as the newer sleds and it has a short track. I guess ill just have to follow in someones tracks.

Im not too worried about parts because ill have a ton of extras by the time the ride comes around. I have 4 coils, not including the ones on the sled now, i plan to get extra belts just in case, and a few spark plugs, not sure of anything else ill need.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
One thing i would be a little nervous about is deep powder riding. The sled doesnt have as much ground clearance as the newer sleds and it has a short track. I guess ill just have to follow in someones tracks.[/b]
Just stick with me, I'll keep it slow and on the trail :thumbsup: :lookaround:

21 - 40 of 90 Posts