Snowmobile World banner

Sw Ride Pics

41K views 307 replies 48 participants last post by  trailblazer 
#1 ·
Here's the first of what will probably be many pics posted from the SW ride.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
haha..alot of yellow in that pic :p

#3 ·
Flower Picker running the open water east of Redstone L.

Attachments

#4 ·
The usual suspects @ the raffle.

DPaige, LadyK, Permafrost, idooski, idooski's better half :D & thumbdoctor.

Attachments

#6 ·
Tony Soprano helping Lori Behnke (MXZ7's wife) draw a ticket during the raffle.

Attachments

#7 ·
Paul Yarek spreading the wealth around. The big guy keeping a eye on Paul is Pete Behnke (MXZ7) Lori is amazed @ all the Monopoly money Paul carries around.

Attachments

#8 ·
Stopped on the powerline heading to Whitney.

DPaige, his buddy Frank, Sue Ann Derry, Charlene St. Louis (BellevilleMXZ's wife) & MikeD.

Attachments

#10 ·
This is a compromising Pic of the Dave's(BellevilleMXZ) wife,

That's all I am posting for now.

Honestly, I had the chance to ride with some of the nicest people I have ever met this weekend.

Dave and Charlene, Mike and Sue Ann, and Revrnd the day was great,

I'm heading to bed right now but I'll post a full update tomorrow.

DP

Attachments

#12 ·
Pictures look great sounds like everyone had a great time. Little to much yellow there though. :D

#13 ·
The saturday group ride looked like 15 ski doos kidnapped a couple of polaris's

It was a sea of yellow in the haliburton highlands.

I really wish I had my helmet cam running for that day. Permafrost and CrazyB were running point and I spent the day as the SW sheepdog, making sure our flock stayed together, anyone that complains about the power or fuel milage of the Ski Doo SDI is doing something wrong because I rode probably 1 1/2 times the milage that everyone else did, going back and forth to round up strays and I was always about $3-5 cheaper on fuel than the non-SDI sleds. That 600 mill did not see the low side of 8000rpm once on any lake as I was riding off the marked trail in the slush and deep snow. I am very impressed with this sled.

I think we should have given awards to the ladies in the group, these girls can ride.

Jacqui583: Hotrod Babe, I kept hearing this exhaust creeping up on me when I would get to mid-pack and slow down slightly, every time i looked over it was Jacqui going by me at 90+mph I understand why, Jeff, or Trailblazer has a throttle like a lightswitch and apparently the off setting is broken, this is one fast couple.

LadyK gets the "I don't know where the hell I am going" award for leading the whole group into the wrong bay. The 800 'Gade sure moves cause no one could reel her in.

Fastest sled easily goes to Brian(MXZWFO) Keith(Idooski) wasn't revealing his true capabilities, apparently his riding style makes Donna(Mrs. Idooski) nervous.

MikeD and his wife SueAnn were up for an award until the potato comments started.

My favorite part of the weekend was following Dave St. Louis to Algonquin lodge on Sunday, this guy can ride.

The Hard Charger/MVP award for the weekend has to go to Dave's wife, Charlene St. Louis.

After 2 crashes, a bent trailing arm and enough slush to fill a quikymart she beat that 440 fan to death and kept up with us all day long.

Thank you to everyone for an amazing weekend, I can't wait until next year.

#14 ·
More pics!!! Come on people! Get those pics off dem cameras and on the net!! SWRules

#15 ·
Well I'm back at work now (back to reality!) but WHAT AN AWESOME WEEKEND!

Trailblazer and I got up there early Friday morning after driving through the night and after a nice breakfast we headed out for an all-day ride. There was a light snowfall happening with the temps hovering around the freezing point and the trails were in great shape. We saw lots of other sleds on the trails and wondered at each one, "is that someone from SW?" We headed back to the Pinestone in time for the "meet and greet" where we finally got to put faces to so many of the names on here. What a great group of people! We had an early night because we'd been up for two days straight, so someone else will have to report on the late night activities.

We all met up for the big ride at 9:00 on Saturday morning. There were several groups formed to accommodate people's riding style with some shorter loops planned and some longer ones. There was about 18 of us in our group. Perm, DPaige and CrazyB did an incredible job guiding our group. It was a great mix of running the tight twisties through the bush and screaming across the lakes. The lakes were a little slushy in spots and the trails were getting pretty choppy by the end of the day which kept it challenging! We made amazing time heading back to the resort after lunch when you consider that we had 18 sleds to keep an eye on while riding good and hard, which to me just speaks to the riding ability of everyone in our group. We had dropped to the back of the pack after dusk and I'll never forget the sight of seeing tail lights as far as you can see snaking through the trails as we blasted our way through the power lines; it really was incredible.

Back at the resort we joined up for the raffle for Autism, the can drive and some amazing camaraderie. I have some great memories from this weekend that I'll treasure for a long time to come. LadyK and Perm are every bit as awesome in person as they are on this site; DPaige and his colour commentary; MikeD and his war stories that had us all splitting a gut; Wolfman running open water on that 380 fan; and on and on.

The only disappointment about the whole weekend is that we'll probably have to wait until next year to be able to ride with most of these awesome people again!

#16 ·
Originally posted by dpaige@Feb 23 2004, 01:26 PM

II think we should have given awards to the ladies in the group, these girls can ride.

Fastest sled easily goes to Brian(MXZWFO)

MikeD and his wife Sue an were up for an award until the potato comments started.

My favorite part of the weekend was following Dave St. Louis to Algonquin lodge on Sunday, this guy can ride.

The Hard Charger/MVP award for the weekend has to go to Dave's wife, Charlene St. Louis.

After 2 crashes, a bent trailing arm and enough slush to fill a quikymart she beat that 440 fan to death and kept up with us all day long.

Yeah it was quite an adventure!! That ole fan 440 is tougher than I thought!!! :dazed:

And yeah, was a good run to Algonquin lodge, nothin like a little snowcross action to get things goin :thumbsup:

Sunday was by far the greatest

jacqui583: A little slushy???? Your kidding right? :dazed:

#17 ·
Originally posted by jacqui583@Feb 23 2004, 01:36 PM
DPaige, thanks for the flattering report! :blush: :inlove:

Make sure you check out my report;

http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forum/index...showtopic=37155

It was great hooking up; hopefully we'll do this again next year.
Hi! Jacqui583 I tried your link, but keep getting an error???

Nice pics and good stories :) keep them coming SWRules

#24 ·
The Doctor was OUT

Out at Pinestone, Out on the lake, Out to Dorset and Out enjoying our sport with a really terrific bunch of enthusiasts. Arrived Friday Night at the bar (Apres Sleddin) to put a face to all the handles in here. Thanks to 800XRev (Scott & Monique) for doing a great job on the t-shirt front and MCing the get together. I tagged along with Team Idooski for the rides and they were kind enough to go real slow so this ole fart could keep up LOL. Here is Team Idooski's pit area before take off Saturday. We Made about 150 miles that day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.