Snowmobile World banner

21 - 40 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
The Doctor was OUT

Out at Pinestone, Out on the lake, Out to Dorset and Out enjoying our sport with a really terrific bunch of enthusiasts. Arrived Friday Night at the bar (Apres Sleddin) to put a face to all the handles in here. Thanks to 800XRev (Scott & Monique) for doing a great job on the t-shirt front and MCing the get together. I tagged along with Team Idooski for the rides and they were kind enough to go real slow so this ole fart could keep up LOL. Here is Team Idooski's pit area before take off Saturday. We Made about 150 miles that day.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Here is another pic from Dorset. :cool:

Had a great time meeting everyone, and can't wait to get together again for another ride. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Just Kidding !

That's a shot of the Ski Doo / Blair Morgan team support trailers I met on the way to Pinestone. I invited them to come with us but they said they had places to go. This is the real Team Idooski's pits.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Well I definitely echo Jacqui's comments on the weekend.
We talked most of the 5-6 hour drive home about the many memories that'll be with us forever. One that Jacqui forgot to mention in her post.
CrazyB's out take of "West Side Story." He'll never convince any of us fortunate enough to witness his rendition that he didn't practice for hours in front of a mirror. :D BTW-We know you're lurking and reading these.

The many funny comments flying back and forth all weekend were hilarious.
My cheeks are still sore from laughing.

LadyK, Perm, Dpaige, and any others that contributed to organizing this great gathering, words can never express our gratitude.

DPaige, Did you go back to Dorset?
BTW-I love your new signature, Pinestone Sheepdog.
How apropriate. :D

Andy Dragon and Flower Picker. It was nice seeing you two again. Hope to bump into you two again some time soon. :D

800XRev and "The World Famous Monique," thanks for getting the awesome Pinestone Ride T shirts made up. I hope you get them all sold.
I also hope you get things straightened out with Pinestone to your satisfaction.
Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you.
I must say that Jacqui and I had absolutely no problems with the resort or their excellent, friendly, courteous and professional staff.
Monique, I hope your wrist heals up real quick. I hear you were lucky to have Thumbdoctor there to come to your rescue.

To all those that contributed to the Autism Fundraising Raffle, Thanks. We raised $444 for an excellent cause and received some great prizes to take home with us.
Thanks to Paul Yarek and Pete Behnke who did an excellent and entertaining job distributing the goodies.

Here's a pic of Jacqui and I on our Friday ride.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Just made it home! 12+ hours of riding from all that beautiful snow, to 50 deg. F. temps and sprinkles. Deb and I want to thank everybody for thier hospitality, and we will return to ride again. I will have some pics also to post as soon as I can.

Thanks again!
Brian

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
My helmet is off to the female contingency of our group, I'd be proud to enduro race with those gals any time!. I had a gas keepin up the back of team Idooski and a big thanks goes to Lady K, Permafrost and CrazyB for leading us out of harms way and along some of the greatest back country sleddin I've done in years. Sheep Dog is a fitting name for Donovan (DPaige) for keeping the lost flocks on track and demonstrating his fearless use of H2o. I declined from the water hazard as it would be too funny explaining to my insurance adjuster that I voluntarily went in the drink in full view of some 200 witnesses. I'd probably stall & sink !!!. Here is day 2 at the pits. I'm sure Idooski's gang will have lots more photos when they get home tonight. I left my clunky camera behind to save weight of these aerobic rides and aerobic drinking exercises after.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
MikeD

I hope you don't mind me posting your picture of Dpaige (The thorn)
between Jacqui and Lady K (two roses) :D

You had some awesome pics there. So did others.
If you want me to post any that were downloaded on to my laptop on Saturday night, please let me know.

Sorry for the wrong identity Dpaige and Crazy B. Thanks for correcting me.
SO MANY PEEPS, SO FEW MEMORY CELLS LEFT!!!!! AAAaaaaahhhhh!!!

Jeff

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Originally posted by mxzwfo@Feb 23 2004, 07:50 PM
12+ hours of riding from all that beautiful snow, to 50 deg. F. temps and sprinkles.
The next time someone from this neck of the woods drives 12 hours to Indy it'll be 90* & the sprinkles will be the humidity. Good to see you guys again & hope to see you in August.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Thanks to everyone who atributed to the fundraiser.
I hope all had a great time.
Other than the room crap we had to deal with we still had fun, after our fighting.LOL
The Assisant manger from Pinestone called me back today askin us back to give them a second chance for free to boot.
I declined, I still have issues with the damage to my trailer to deal with from theier plow truck.

It was great to meet everyone , we hope to be able to ride with you all again.
Scott and Monique

PS DP Monique is askin for her lapdance now.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Originally posted by BellevilleMXZ@Feb 23 2004, 01:54 PM
jacqui583: A little slushy???? Your kidding right? :dazed:
What?! Trailblazer, Andy Dragon and I only broke through the back half of our sleds but managed to stay afloat. w00t Why, did someone else go through? :sarcasm:

Yeah, I know, there was about a foot of slush there, but wasn't it fun? :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just wanted to add my thanks to those who did an awesome job organizing this ride. I had an awesome time riding and meeting everyone. I also wanted to thank those who sponsored all the great prizes for the raffle. I'm looking forward to watching Sled Ed tonight. Our room was good and the housekeeping staff and Pinestone staff were great. Especially our wait staff last night at dinner. Kim and Jeff, I know I've said this before, but I really loved yesterday's ride. It was the best riding I've ever done and you guys are lucky to live in such a beautiful and diverse riding area.

It was great to see Jacqui and Jeff again. We'll have to do a ride together real soon.

Scot and Monique, I'm so sorry that your holiday sucked. I know how much you were looking forward to the ride.

Steve, Brian et al, I'm sorry that you guys were disappointed too. Saturday was fun with you all, as always. You guys always know how to have fun on the trails and the hot chocolate was delicious!!

Crazy B..I hope that your chaffed bum heals in time for the next ride. Remember to carry a bottle of baby powder around in your sled for emergency purposes!

MikeD..I was still chuckling on the way home over your story. Your poor wife! LOL Just remember that tonight you'll have a good night's sleep. :)

Thanks everyone for a great weekend and I can't wait until the next time we have a group ride.

Renee
Flower Picker

21 - 40 of 308 Posts