Snowmobile World banner

41 - 60 of 308 Posts

·
1,327 Posts
Powder,

We split into 2 groups for this Very reason.

I asked everyone how they wanted to ride and offered to lead the faster group to Dorset.

I can assure you that NO ONE, and I MEAN NO ONE was left behind in Our group.

I rode nearly twice as many miles as everyone else in our group for this very reason, I wasn't letting anyone stay behind or break down without help.

Our whole group was this way, Trailblazer came with me to look for 1 group that fell behind and others did the same throughout the day

Permafrost, CrazyB and I kept asking if the pace was OK and everyone agreed.

If you had problems, we are all sorry, but don't blame us for them.

DP

·
1,327 Posts
Originally posted by trailblazer@Feb 23 2004, 06:58 PM
MikeD

I hope you don't mind me posting your picture of Dpaige (The thorn)
between Jacqui and Lady K (two roses) :D

You had some awesome pics there. So did others.
If you want me to post any that were downloaded on to my laptop on Saturday night, please let me know.

Sorry for the wrong identity Dpaige and Crazy B. Thanks for correcting me.
SO MANY PEEPS, SO FEW MEMORY CELLS LEFT!!!!! AAAaaaaahhhhh!!!

Jeff
YEAH BABY,

WHO DA MAN!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
WOW
That was a great weekend. :D
Everyone was great, friendly and helpful.
Nice people who all love the sport
Can't say that about all the people we met on the trails
To my riding partners for the weekend I want to say a big thanks. You guys were great for taking this rookie in under your wing.
We covered a lot of beautiful country
It was great seeing so many Americans up here enjoying themselves and our Canadian beef. How about giving George a call and telling him how good it is
Paul and Lori, I hope your fear of water doesn't extend to personal Hygiene :p

Thanks to ALL SWRules
James

pics to follow

·
Registered
799 Posts
Originally posted by powder@Feb 23 2004, 08:35 PM
i wasn't told what group i was in or who i should follow so it was very confusing at the start of the ride.plus one of our friends broke down in the parking lot :cussing: which sucked for them.then another one of our friends broke down in the middle of one of the lakes :cussing: :( i just wanted to meet some new people and it just didn't happen.why was there not a general meeting area like a trail junction or food stop so that i could socialize with all the new faces i saw on friday night?what was the big hurry?
We weren't told ahead of time either whom to ride with, so we went over to where everyone was congregating and asked what the lineup was. Then we made our choice of who we wanted to ride with based on our riding style.

While I agree that socializing is a fun part of meeting everyone, frankly we were there to ride. I can't speak for anyone else, but Trailblazer and I figured we would be socializing in the evening after the ride, and we wanted to as they say "make hay while the sun shines".

We're sorry about your bad experience; hopefully you won't write off next year because of it.

·
1,327 Posts
Powder,

There was no hurry,

Some of us here probably have significantly more riding experience that you do and were interested in riding at a brisk pace.

We had a 440cc fan cooled sled that kept up just fine so the pace was not that fast by any stretch.

Your "STOPTIONAL" picture to me means that you are saying that we were riding unsafe, and I take this as a personal insult on myself and everyone else in the group I was leading.

There were 17 of us and I am sure you can ask any one of them and they will tell you that My concern, and the concern of everyone else in the group was safety at all times.

Everyone has bad days, usually bad things happen to me.

Please do not discourage or mislead anyone that was not there by posting inaccurate information.

DP

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
We will have to come up with a 10 best of our Pinestone experience.
Best Cupcakes ~ LadyK
Best raffle MC ~ The lovely Paul Yarek
Best trails ~ Paudash
Best bird dog ~ DPaige
Best anecdotes ~ CrazyB
etc etc etc

I believe after hearing Brian's fuel consumption on his rocket. WFO stands for "Works For Oil-company". Parting is such sweet sorrow. I'm happy to say the only injuries were a trailing arm, a couple of belts and some pride. Next time we set out for the lake, I'll have a bilge pump installed !

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I too am sorry to hear of your experience Powder and Thumper.

Here's a pic of the raffle prize table.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Here's Jacqui on her trusty steed.

Great trails. Great snow. Great times.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Here's a pit stop at Kenesis Lake Marina.

Dpaige looked like he was coming to confiscate the camera.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by dpaige@Feb 23 2004, 09:11 PM
There it is,

The Maroon Missle!

I think someone forgot to tell that 583 is not a 700
We're both ROTFLOAO.

SHHHHH, It's our little secret.

Jacqui doesn't even know the dealer swapped a 700 in there before she picked it up. :devil:

Goes pretty good though doesn't it?

Just keep your Buddy Frank away from those "HOT" Wonder Woman stickers.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Well here's one of Dpaige watering his "tatoes"

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
See back and forth across his "tatoes" crop.

41 - 60 of 308 Posts