Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about coating the pipe on my MXZ 600. Has anyone ever had this done?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had mine done at Fireball coatings and they did a nice job

·
Registered
47 Posts
I also had my pipe and y-pipe done at Fireball coatings. Turned out reaaly nice. As far as pros and
cons, the coating makes for excellent rust protection, keeps the pipe temperature more consistent
and removes a little bit of weight off the pipe. At this point I can't really think of any cons. I know
the main reason I had mine done was the stock pipe shield kept cracking, and the insulation was
was getting all through the engine compartment.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Jet-hot is suppose to be starting to give us SWorld members a discount soon. Like around 20%. They told me for trippple pipes it would be $200 w/out a discount. They also add horsepower by keeping the heat in. Not alot but enough.
Caleb

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have never heard of Fireball coatings, where are they? What are the coatings made from? Swain tech coatings are white and made from ceramic. They warned me about some companies selling colour coated pipes. A true ceramic coating cannot be any other colour than white, which just happends to be the natural colour of the ceramic! The process involves so much energy that any additives such as colour or gloss coatings would vapourize instantly. Any company that sells a shiny or coloured pipe is not selling a true thermal ceramic coating.
This is what Swain tech told me!
:yee:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
That's BS man. Jet-Hot does N.A.S.A's coating so I will take there word for it. They were the pioneers of Ceramiccoatings as far as I know. Funny how Swain is the only one selling the white ones i believe, So if what they told you was true why don't they hold the patent instead of jet-Hot on several coatings? And why wouldn't they sue for false advertising against these other companys? I wouldn't use any othere than Jet-Hot and one other Co.
Caleb

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats funny! Swain Tech also states that they do all of the coatngs for N.A.S.A. Now I am not saying that you are wrong but one of these companies is full of s**t. That is why I am asking about it. To find out the truth and who is the best! Can you give me any info on Jethot like a web address or a phone number.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts