Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the easiest way to remove your swaybar on a ZX ?  Mine is slightly bent and I keep busting the bushing,it also is affecting handeling.I havnt really looked into it yet,but I'm sure someone has had theirs out at some point.
Does anyone know of steel,alluminum,alloy,or like replacement bushings??

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have pulled em out of my summits, but I left them out.  Once the bushings are out there is enough room to get it out.  Did require the radius rods to be unbolted from the trailing arm though.  One other thing that I remember was that it was easier to pull it out of one side than the other.  Don't remember which side though sorry.  The wiring harness was fastened to the sway bar with electrical tie wraps which didn't make it any easier to pull out, but with a little patience and some wiggling and twisting etc.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks weirdal,I wasnt sure if there was enough room to scoot it out through the sides or not.I'ts almost time to dig the ole girl out anyway,then I can take a look at it.I know I need to fix it 'cause it dont handle so good when the swaybar is just flopping around in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts