Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mainely because of rotating mass weight. Fast Traks come with plastic backers and studs that are seemingly lighter than Woodys. Any Fast Trak users out there. I'm going with 153 or close to that using a double and single square backer. They have round and square backers. Anyone know what the differences are. Got 168 1.50's for $270 complete and a drill bit thrown in at Novi Expo.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have square backers on mine, haven't had a problem with them, but a lot of people feel that square ones are more likely to damage your track by tearing through at the corners. Just bought round ones for my daughter's sled.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have the square backers with my fast-trac studs. I have nearly 3,000 miles and have replace only 47 of them due to losing carbide. No apparent damage to track. I wish I would have went fast trac with my new sled as they are stainless. I bought 96 carbide studs at Novi last night for like $38.40, LOL they are going on a guy at works back-up sled so --- who cares right? I paid $200.00 for 288 of my fast tracs without backers. Kevin

·
Registered
84 Posts
Smart move. You get what you pay for. Fast-tracs will stand up much better. Its all I've been using for the past 8 years. I have never lost, broke or thrown any of them. I use the round poly backers mostly, although I have a 144 setup on my sled that uses a combination of round and double backers, over 2000 miles no problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've also had good luck with fast tracs. I always used square backers but I think I'll go round next time. No track damage but I have had quite a few a the corners bend on the square backers.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
You will find more stud wobble on round backers. They give you less support than square ones with rounded edges. I run Fast Trac for sanctioned drag racing with no problems. ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have 144 Fast Trac with square backers. They still look new and no track problems. I thought I was the only one in the world who didn't have Woody's.

·
Registered
240 Posts
A freind of mine races snowcross and recommended Fast Track Top Gun II with round plastic backers. I have never had any trouble. I have bent a couple, but you wouldn't be surprised if you saw how I beat my sleds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As soon as snow hits I'll be stress testing 144 gold diggers using combo Fast Trac dual/single pattern (middle only). I'll let you know how it turns out (no pun intended!)

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Use square backers and put them in with the edges running parrallel to the ribs of the track. Don't let the backer twist around when you tighten them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts