Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 mach 1. I love tripple power, but I cant take a ck3 chassis anymore. Im thinking about a srx. I know thaey have the power, but how do they handle bumps. Im not looking for a mogul basher, but I also dont want to wrestle a bull on 2" bumps anymore. Maybe viper? I have heard they are not as powerfull, more like a 600. any Ideas, thanks.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The SRX is gone so the viper would be your only alternative.

I drive a SRX a lot so i know the yamaha power and engine very well.  Engine is bullit proof and well built. But the Mach Power is just to great for me to make the switch to yamaha.  

I would hold out a year and see if skidoo is going to put the Mach engine into a ZX chassie.  Which is very posible.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Buy a new close out Viper. All it needs is a set of triple pipes, V-Force reeds, and a properly dialed set of Heelclicker Clutch setup.  This will bring the viper to around 155 hp, and it'll handle incredibly. Stock Vipers are nice but you'll not be satisfied with it. I highly suggest the Hauk Viper Venom kit, it includes every thing except the Heelclicker set-up. It's around $1,100U.S. And it includes a motor plate to boot!
Caleb

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The trails I ride are rarely smooth, usually 1'-2' chatters, and 3'-4' moguls.I ride w/ mxzs, and and older ultra 680. The 680 can fly over the bumps, and I nose dive into everything, go figure. Im not looking for a jumper, but something that wont make me swear and throw my helmet after 2 miles of bumps!! I realy hate to give up tripple power, I still think there is nothing like it. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts