Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a BENDER "TRAIL FRIENDLY" can & it's so loud I have to wear ear plugs if I am riding rivers or long stretchs of hard pack! There's a small difference in power (mid range) but the weight savings is realy what I was after. Any luck with another brand?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also have an aftermarket can on my '97 700 triple.  I recently bought the sled with it on.  Too loud.  Not bad at idle and cruising under 30mph.  At wide open throttle it will hurt you.  I do not know what make it is. It is flat black, no name on it.  If you have the stock can I would be interested in purchasing or trading.  The problem with these "mufflers", is that they are not mufflers, but just resonators, due to their straight through design.  A resonator will never quiet a 2 stroke.  These cans are now illegal in Ontario on OFSC trails.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just resently put a set of Power INC triple pipes on a 2001 700SXR. They where sold as GYT parts, claim 25 HP at close to stock Decibal (Approx. 5 more). They are little noiser but not bad. Bad thing is they don't make them anymore. I put mine on used. I have only 500 KM on so far, they don't seem to bad. There is different types though, I have the center discharge type with 3 separate silencers. RPM is lower than stock 8200.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts