Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked into buying a pair of 2002 SX Viper sleds (~2500 miles each). The one which has electric start would not start because the battery needs charging (or to be replaced). It stated manually after a couple of pulls but once it was running the instrument panel was flashing on and off. I also noticed the the tach was bouncing all over the place. Obviously something was wrong with it but does anyone have any idea if this is a relatively normal and easy problem to fix. I looked at some online manuals and know that typically the warning light will flash with a certain pattern to indicate a specific problem but the entire panel was flashing. Could it be because the battery was dead? Is it something as simple as that?

Thanks in advance,
-Tim

·
Registered
465 Posts
I looked into buying a pair of 2002 SX Viper sleds (~2500 miles each). The one which has electric start would not start because the battery needs charging (or to be replaced). It stated manually after a couple of pulls but once it was running the instrument panel was flashing on and off. I also noticed the the tach was bouncing all over the place. Obviously something was wrong with it but does anyone have any idea if this is a relatively normal and easy problem to fix. I looked at some online manuals and know that typically the warning light will flash with a certain pattern to indicate a specific problem but the entire panel was flashing. Could it be because the battery was dead? Is it something as simple as that?

Thanks in advance,
-Tim[/b]
I used to own a SXViper 700 triple, but it was a pain trying to start. You went the smart way and got the ES, but all you probably need to use the battery tender and charge up the battery. It was a pain to try and start it cold after a couple of months sitting in the trailer, but after 2-40 pulls, it finally started. I am really not kidding about how many pulls I gave it. But yeah, the battery is probably dead, so just charge it, and if it does not work, then you probably have some wiring issues.

-Frank

·
Registered
36 Posts

Thanks in advance,
-Tim[/b]
a friend of mine has a 700 viper check the harness that goes under the engine
cause whit the vibrationt the harnes get chewed up and the wire grougs up on the engine :confused: :confused: causing it to short out
hope this helps u out

·
Registered
496 Posts
cause whit the vibrationt the harnes get chewed up and the wire grougs up on the engine :confused: :confused: causing it to short out
hope this helps u out
[/quote

I had that , but that killed power the sledwould shut down and you get thrown into the bars .

·
Registered
36 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
hope this helps u out
[/quote

I had that , but that killed power the sledwould shut down and you get thrown into the bars .[/b]
i guess that grounding problem was causing more problems cause his was running but rough :confused: .no high beam .no tach .no light in the cluster .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts