Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading somewhere that was saying if you want to put triple pipes on a sxr 700.... you can... but not if it is equipped with reverse..... well i was planning on buying a sx700r with reverse and that kinda throws the water on the fire right there.... theres gotta be someone out there that makes triple pipes for a sled with reverse.....i want the added 25hp. and the sound...

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was reading somewhere that was saying if you want to put triple pipes on a sxr 700.... you can... but not if it is equipped with reverse..... well i was planning on buying a sx700r with reverse and that kinda throws the water on the fire right there.... theres gotta be someone out there that makes triple pipes for a sled with reverse.....i want the added 25hp. and the sound...
thanks for the help.[/b]

So my question is, can i put triple pipes on a sxr that has reverse?

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm not too sure, but if you visit Totallyamaha.com, those guys will be able to help you out. Great info there as well as this site, but there are more diehard Yami guys over there I find.

·
Registered
195 Posts
This is just a guess, but if you can't put tripple pipes on one with reverse but can on one without reverse, I would say that it's because of the larger chaincase required to house the additional reverse gear. The problem is, To take a hammer and "dent" 1 pipe so that it fits around the chaincase, means airflow restriction on 1 pipe, and not on the other 2. Which in short..... is not good for that one cylinder at all. So I would say, that because installing tripple pipes would take up any extra room under the hood as it is.... if 1 pipe can't make it around the larger chain case, then you're probably out of luck. So it comes down to "what's more important" to you? The HP and sound? Or the reverse. I'm sure you can find someone that'll swap you chaincase, gears, and chain at no cost. There's gotta be someone out there that's running stock and would love to have reverse. So that's 1 option if reverse isn't that important. Buy the sled. Find someone looking for a reverse setup, and swap em out.... even trade.... (may also require you to swap hoods if yours has a shift lever). Then once you've done that..... buy the pipes. OR..... go to a dealership that's got one without reverse... I'm sure they'd swap em out for free because the reverse on theirs in the "showroom" would be an added selling feature for them.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Why don't you just by an SRX700 and throw an M-10 in it?
Your "assumed" goal of 25hp is pretty lofty.
Your going to need to change everything when converting to triple pipes from a single.
(Clutching, all new jets and countless hours of testing).
You would be better off spending the cash on a better single pipe, clutch etc.
To sacrafice reverses for maybe 15hp is not worth it.
My opinion-

·
Registered
496 Posts
Just buy the sled and dont worry about pipes ! I got a sxr and Its nices without pipes ,since your coming off a phazer the thing will feel like a rockect. Listen you got reverse that in my book is kick ### since its a 600 dollar opition .

·
Registered
8 Posts
hauck triple pipes will deff fit in your sled ! i put em on my wifes 2000 sxr 700 w/reverse and ran in to zero isues ! only thing is the pipes just aint cheap pal but there is a set on ebay now good luck

·
Registered
164 Posts
thanks for the help.[/b]
Our local Yamaha Dealership owner has an SRX with reverse. So you can put reverse on an SRX if you find one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts