Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i have 2001 sx600r. has anyone out there had darting problems on the trails. suspension is set in the middle from the factory. I am going to stud this fall with 96 picks and put on some viper skis with longer carbides. i have question about wieght transfer rod
kit i hear this really helps the unpredictable handling. if anyone has had this prob. plz help

thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
A friend of mine has the same sled and he has no darting problems. It sounds like your set-up is a little off. The only way to truly find the right set-up is to do it yourself. If you want to eliminate darting you can either back off the front springs or increase the center spring and let out the limiter strap. Backing off the rear spring might help too depending on where your at. A good place to start is look at the maximum and the minimum settings for spring preload in the service manual. Try putting the rear spring at minimum and the center spring at max. Let the limiter strap way out and set the front springs in the middle.
If you feel some under-steer then back off the center spring and get on the rear spring a little. Keep doing this till the sled starts to dart a little every now and then. At that point you can either leave it or increase the center spring and decrease the rear just a little to keep it from darting and then you should be good.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I’m not sure how the Yamaha system works, but on my skidoo you have 3 suspension shocks that require setting. If the sled starts to dart that usually means you have to much front ski pressure. What I do is tighten the center shock and try to ride. If the problem is gone but now it doesn’t turn as good you have to tighten the front ski shocks. The Rear shock is for your comfort more then the handling. .

·
Registered
756 Posts
The transfer rods have a greater effect than any rear adj. you are accustomed to machzzzz. the coupler blocks don't do as much to change overall settings as the rods do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts