Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on a good 2 stroke oil easily available in Canada? Anyone use the Shell Advance oil?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I had used artic cat oil for 13 years up until the season past.I started using shell this year after calling some of the guys at the race shops I come to know.They told me 100 percent pure synthic was beter than any oil that wasn`t.I am now a  convinced after 3500 miles on the two sleds this past winter.I  ran the oil level down till the light came on then added the shell advance You will notice less smoke and your clothes don`t smell nearly half as bad.The 711 and the 500 both seemed to use less oil than before.I recomend this oil to any one as it burns clean and is about $8.00 gallon cheaper than cat oil!!                                                                                                                    .........My The Best  Cat Win...................

·
Registered
518 Posts
My friend that lives up in the UP of Michigan uses Arctic Blue. Not sure if it's available in Canada. He hasn't had anyproblems with it. I couldn't find it down here, so I'm using Amsoil Synthetic. Seems to work good, haven't put many miles on.
Even if you can't find Amsoil up there, I think you can buy it off of their website.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I think you can get oil online from just about any of the manufacters. The Amsiol didnt work for me.  Gummed up my RAVE valves.  I have been running Klotz synthetic oil fr a few seasons and love it.  It's pretty weird oil because the smell is sweet.  Not cool sweet, just a true sweet smell.  

Good Luck

·
Registered
518 Posts
Winterfreak:  I think that's what the guy I bought my sled from was using. I forgot to ask him, so that's why I'm using Amsoil. The oil was red and had a sweet smell to it (it actually smelled good). Do you think I should go back to that? Just wondering. I'm guessing it's probably a little more expensive too.?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Greenstreak: It's possible the the red oil was Klotz.  Klotz is not the only synthetic oil out there that is red.  ( Like the Amsiol Racing is red ,no clue what it smells like cause Amsoil didn't work for me b-4 ) It's up to you Greenstreak if you switch back.  I think the Amsiol is more expensive than the Klotz. You just have to find an oil that works for you and your sled.  

Good luck  

·
Registered
46 Posts
I used Polaris gold for three years and then switched over to Arctic Cat synthetic last year. Synthetic is the only type of oil my Pantera EFI has seen and we have gotten over three thousand miles on one set of plugs in that sled. I also fly jet aircraft and that's what we use in those engines too.
Paul

·
Registered
349 Posts
I use Klotz, and am very satisfied, also it averages at around $28.00 a gal. The guys behind me dont mind the sweet smell.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I use the regular Amsoil.  It is suppose to be good an it I get it for $14. a gallon. I have never had a problem with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts