Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a 1999 or newer Tcat. Preferrably a new 2002 that a dealer is trying to get rid of for cheap. If not then anyone selling theirs???

[email protected]

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why a tcat?
Cause I like to go fast. I like big triples and the new twins dont really appeal to me. You just cant beat a triple. I need something to haul my big ### around. PLus I figured with all the triples disapearing I might be able to get a smokin deal on one. Just curious, Why would someone drive a ZRT800 when you could have the same sled with 200 more cc's? I have never understood this unless I am missing something?
?

Chad

·
Registered
349 Posts
Bid Dude, if you have no luck, my riding partner has 2 t-cats
and 1 is for sale, I believe it is the 2001, was ridden only last season. If you are interested , I could get you conected with him. contact me at [email protected]
Located in central wisconsin area.  

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Greenclicker   No offense taken and I didnt intend to offend you either. Just curious why someone would buy a ZRT 800 and not a t-cat? Seems like if everything being the same except the extra 200cc's people would choose the t-cat. Obviously I could be wrong because their are alot of zrt800 riders out there and yes they are impressive sleds.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Go to the web site for livingstonsnowmobile.com.  They are the largest Cat dealer in the world. Located in Hillsboro NH.  They do business all over the country.  2002 T-cats are hard to come by. They were able to find 2 new ones for a customer at the end of the season last year.  They also give awesome deals.  They sold double the no. of new sleds over the 2nd place dealership.  Sold 500 plus new and 275 used.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Hotshot, can you provide more info on that website...haven't been able to locate it yet.  Cat's locator page only provides you w/info on the dealer, not the actual website (btw, that really makes me mad when Cat does that).

·
Registered
277 Posts
<bigdude> Ok i see, but isnt the t-cat a bit heavier? I can smoke a t-cat anytime...

Is it the same engine in a pantera 1000?
I think its the same engine but another setup... just playing with my mind and modd the pantera with a good setup, track & a 1-up seat...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont know if the Tcat is heavier. According to an old arctic cat website the sleds weigh the same?
?? As far as smoking a tcat anytime......I dont know about that one. I see you have quite a few mods to your 800 but same mods to the tcat and I dont think so. It would seem to me that with the tcat you have more "go fast" potantial becuase you already have 200cc on the zrt800. Looks to me like they are the same sled except for the 200cc difference. Someone corect me if I am wrong. Better yet, is there any reason why I should not buy a T-cat? Please let me know. '00 t-cat, 1300 miles, studded, airbox, clutched, geared, excellent shape, $5,000
?

·
Registered
22 Posts
T-Cat is no heavier than the 800 ZRT. If you want the fastest T-Cat ever built get a 98.

I my self love that big counter balanced triple go for it. Smooth!

I still have tears in my eyes over its dimise. Shame on you Cat! You should be horse whipped.

·
Registered
886 Posts
There is absolutely no reason not to buy a TCat.  I own both a '00 TCat and a '95 ZRT 800.  The ZRT is my backup (trying to convince the wife to ride).  I've never put them on a scale but it takes the same amount of effort to pick up either one to swing it around when you're stuck on a trail, lol.  While they are both very fast I never want to give up the TCat, there's just something about that triple.  The ZRT will most likely be for sale next fall unless my wife takes a real interest.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
In some cases, recent years, Cat has actualy posted the T-Cat being 1 lb lighter (how could that be?
 ).  And I'm sorry Greenclicker, but in no way can a comparably equipped ZRT800 "smoke" a T-cat.
The '00 should be OK (flatslide carbs, new ignition), but stay away from the '99...it was actually slower than the '98.  Hopefully I'll have a new '01 T-Cat in my garage shortly.  

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yeah, I've raced my sleds side-by-side and they're fairly even out of the hole depending on traction but the TCat starts to really pull away after 50 mph.  And I should mention that the TCat is 100% stock (a problem I'm going to remedy) and the ZRT is clutched and piped, and runs very well.  But I have seen plenty of ZRTs that do run as well as or better than stock TCats.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Yeah Art, I wish I still had my '96 ZRT800...hope it's new owner treats it well.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'm actually thinking of keeping it even if my wife doesn't want to ride.  It's a great sled and how much am I going to get for it anyway, maybe $1500?  I used it several times last year to let my brothers and a few buddies ride.  This year I need it so my brother-in-law can go on a trip with us.  It's nice having a spare sled for times like that.  It's not nice having to work on 2 though.  It's funny though to watch my brothers etc. get on an 800 Triple after having rented 380's and 440's and mash the throttle for the first time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anything I should check for before buying the '00 tcat? 1300 miles, 198(?) stainless studs, D&D air, clutch kit, geared down one set lower than stock. Excellent condition, mostly trail ridden because of the lower gear. Wants $5,000 for it. Seems like a decent price to me? Any red flags?

Thanks,

1 - 20 of 32 Posts