Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 T-cat, runs great but its still a tad slower then my old 98 T-cat, thinking of doing a few mods this year pipes , V-force, power breater and offset key, has any one used these ,if so what degree advance was  it and what was the outcome,   PS..  my brother inlaw got his new RX1 today, says He'll spank me all winter long,, Yeah right >>>

·
Registered
516 Posts
LOL i think stock for stock your gonna do the spanking but if anything he might get ya on take off cause he got lighter sled but not likely. I put a .015 offset key on my sled which i think is about 2 degrees but i couldn't tell ya what that does alone cause i put that in with also v-force 2 reeds and a power breather all at once and damnnn!!! i notice a big difference in take off 1/4 throttle hehehe if ya did that and pipes to on a t-cat LOL no way in hell he gonna beat ya like me i just don't wanna beat the person in racing i wanna DESTROY!!!! em and laugh to victory lol but thats just me. ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've never monkeyed around with timing keys but there are some guys south of me that there T-Cats are fitted with a 20 degree key, I think.
I agree with ya catroy I wish I could make my 00 run like my 97.

I don't think you will have problems with the RX-1 they are I believe even heavier then the T-Cat. Keep us posted on the results.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the support guys, Its nice to here from guys that still belivein
these T-cats, in my home town there are 9 rx-1 (to which have turbos)
its going to be a busy winter ,, AKCAT to you have a set of PSI pipes on your 2000 T-cat????

·
Registered
203 Posts
No Catroy I don't run pipes, not a big fan of pipes, there better then they use to be, but unless a guy is into serious drag racing I have found that proper clutching, suspension set-up and carb work you can still take most guys that can't get the important components dialed in....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts