Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I copied this from another site. Do I believe it? I'm not sure, but it sure would be cool especially condiering the F-7 is about the same HP and over 100 pounds lighter :p

F-7 vs RX1
Sam on 10/24/2002 11:53:00 AM

A friend of mine has a new f7 and rx1 both stock just picked up from the dealers. No studs no anything pure stock. Yesterday he took both out to see how bad the f7 would beat the rx1. Our area got 8 inches of snow and he found a nice field to have a drag race for 500 feet before shuting down. They lined up and took off the f7 beat the rx1 a number of times. They found out the rx1 was spining the whole time. So they kept going over the same place to remove the snow and get down to the dirt. Then they lined up 6 more times and the rx1 beat the f7 6 out of 6 times. I personaly didn''t see it but 6 others did. Everyone that rode the rx1 were amazed at how nice it was. Remember these sleds are pure stock and was only one afternoon of playing around. Let the flak begin. Sam

·
Registered
364 Posts
keep in mind if both are new ( never used) they both need to be broken in as well.

I saw the f7 do grass drags as was impressed (only 450feet) and the f7 took off hard out of the whole and kept going strong.

I have yet to see the rx1 run :devil:

·
Registered
625 Posts
ughhhhhh, another RX-1 (how great it is) post..........I hope the snow flies soon so I do not have to look at this bologna every day..... :(

·
Registered
756 Posts
when the snow flies the BS will stop be it good or bad for the fans or haters. I bought one & i'm getting sick of the BS, pro or con.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I keep forgeting that everyone that posts is lying z800 :doh:

I love it, when something good comes up about something the ney sayers bash it and say there's no way that can be. Then something bad is said about the same thing and they take it as gospel. I guess we will have to wait for the snow to fly...............................But I do believe this is what you're gonna see: :hallo9:

Most sleds getting the jump with the RX-1 reeling it in :D

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Where exactly in my post did i say anything about it being untrue?? All i said is that second hand info is not something i take much stock in.Someone can estimate this and that all they want,hell i don't take much
faith in dyno numbers either.The ONE and only thing that matters is real world results.Like mxz900 said everyone is just tired off all the bs. ;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
You guys want results well go to snobarons.com and see the results of the haydays. The RX-1 got second in the trail stock 800 class. As I have said before, the problem is that it is difficult to clutch because it is so different from any other machine. The reason why there is only one RX-1 in these results is because only one team was lucky enough to stumble upon the right set up. Remember even in the trail stock class gearing and clutching is allowed to adapt the machine to the conditions so each team is forced to clutch it to keep up with the other geared and clutched sleds. Yamaha only endorses trail stock classes...thats why you don't typically see them anywhere beyond trail stock.
I am not trying to say its the greatest machine out there I am just saying it will be competetive...just give it some time.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
understood Z, but notice I said "take it for what it's worth" I took your comment as you were ridiculing me because I believed it.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
No problem Mighty rx-1 :) I not here to start a pi$$in contest with anyone.
I can't bash something for trying to be new and inovative,only applaud the effort that has been made.
We're doin our own friendly grass runs next weekend and there are many different types of sleds that will be running,i'll definately post results and speeds with accurate distances.The rx-1 that will be attending has a few hundred miles on it already and has been to numerous grass drags already.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Not only is this second hand info for us its second hand info to the first guy that posted it. He said he didnt see it but the other 5 did.

I think this is just someone trying to start a flame on one of those flamer sites.

My buddies been running his RX-1 accross his feild, and so far he said his SRX will kill it but there hasnt raced anything yet.

OH and his SRX is piped.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Machzzzz1, SRX's are piped from the factory.

slarson, I didn't say I believed it. Try "Reading and then comprehending" by Dr. Suess before you read these forums again :p

·
Registered
625 Posts
I wasnt reffering solely to this thread, go back through your posts and see if a pattern develops, you are as guilty as anyone else here.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well as far as the two sleds go they are nice, weather they run fast or not.
As for the story, well i don't know if i would believe that a guy would go out buy two different brands at one time and then let someone else race a sled that is not even broke in.
either the guy is full of BS or brain dead.
If you yourself did buy two new sleds would you by two different brands? and if you did would you let someone on it to race you before the break in period.
for all we know that person could have 10 different names and had a conversation with him self.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yea i believe z800rtx will have better results if the rx1 he is racing this weekend has 200+ miles on it that should tell the story.
Ill let you guys know after tomorrow how mine goes next to well set up sleds also,these guys iam talking about,i raced with the last few years and they are real good,it will be 500 ft. and only single light,by that i mean from white to green just like a flag man,oh yea my sled is not studded,i have never raced these guys unstudded before ill most likely get wacked,but it will be fun just seeing how it goes in 500ft as i have not gone past 400 yet and it was a very rough and rocky field. later people. :hallo6:

·
Registered
530 Posts
So the first post says the RX1 is a dirtmobile? I think thats great, The F7 performes well in the snow....Bring on WINTER.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's piped, I got this that and the other thing... yeah, yeah, yeah. WHATEVER! It is a not often stated FACT that MOST people who pipe and otehrwise "TRICK" their sleds out, actually make it go slower for a multitude of reasons. Many times, if not most times, the same performance enhancements can be made with clutching and gearing and keep the sled quiet which is what we should ALL be most concerned with as enviro terrorists keep trying to take OUR land away from us!

·
Registered
692 Posts
fact
mod sleds, faster than stock sleds!

98 mach crank shop pipes clutched geared ported polished head work ect beats any 2003 mach z fact!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts