Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Tried to get my shocks out last night, since I have to get them redone, and no luck. I've been told to take out the whole rear suspension, and then it's much easier to take out, which I figure is true because then you have nothing in your way. Question is how to get the works of it off?? After you take out those 4 bolts does it just slide out around the track? Or is there much, much more? First time taking out the rear suspension so pardon my lack of knowlage :rolleyes: Thanks

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
You have the idea. 4 bolts is it...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Occasionally the rear suspension is a bit hard to get out of the track. If it gives you trouble, just take off the rear bogey wheels and it will be easy to pull the suspension out.
It also helps if you have a second person to pull back on the track to give you room to pull the suspension out (You may not even have to take off the bogeys).

·
Registered
304 Posts
the front bolts are a bolt with a nut on the inside 5/8 socket. the rear one you need to look under there and youll see beside the upper wheel where the bolt is you need to put a 17mm wrench up in there to stop the bolt from spinning and not coming out. its not a nut but a treaded bushing in the linkage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Also take the tension off the the torsion springs and life will be a whole lot nicer coming out and going back in. Change the block to the lowest setting and then lift up on the long portion of the bar, pull out away from the sled and alow it to swing towards the rear. Just reverse the process but only after you have all 4 suspension bolts in. Makes lining up the rear bolts much easier.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
here is something i do and everyone should do it because it makes it easy, i can get a skid out and pack in in 30 min easy doing this. take out the rear to bolts first, then jack up the back end a bunch. then tack out the front to bolts. with the track and suspension sitting on the gorund take two small rachet straps and compress both arms as far as you can get them, loosen the rear bolts on the wheels holding the track tight. then away she goes, with two people pushing and pulling its way easy, just reverse to but back, always but the front bolts in first they are way easier to get in this way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts