Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought or used one of those tank pads offered by Cat- you know the extra padding for the gas tank to protect the family jewels as you crowd the tank when going hard into a turn(no pun intended)
 If so, do you recommend it or not, and do they install with velcro or rivets. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I was kinda wondering about the tank pad to.  I have a 00 with the big tank i think its 13 gallons.  My knees start to get sore after awhile from hitting the sides of the tank being its so wide.  I haven't seen anyone around here with one.  I was kinda worried though that it would make the tank that much bigger.

·
Registered
84 Posts
  Get one if you have that monster 13 gallon tank!!!  I got one from Grip N Rip Racing for my wifes 00 ZR 500 and she loves it.  I have tried and it actually does make a difference.  I should say that although the AC one is cheaper than the Grip N Rip one, I think that the Grip N Rip has more padding.  The one we have has been on 2 years with zero problems.

It attaches with velcro, plus the gas cap also helps to hold it on, although, it doesn't seem to move.  

I would highy recommend.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Thanks for the info ZREFI.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have never used a tank pad so I can't say how they work from a functional standpoint.  They do look pretty cool though!
I received one with my 2001 zr that I never put on and would be willing to sell it.  Let me know if you are interested.  I'm sure we could work out a good deal!  The tank on the 2001 is a little smaller than the 2000 so I'm not sure if it would fit a 2000?
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
zr800man how much would you want for it.  I will find out on monday if it will work on mine if you would be willing to hold it tell then.  You can email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
zr800man I looked and the pad for the 12 and 13 gallon tanks are different so thats not going to work for my sled I guess.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
zr500, I ckecked out the link to Grip N Rip, looks nice, and on sale for $60. I found the AC model in Planet AC for about $36.I'm going to order one in a few weeks, just have to make a decision on which one to go with.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Thanks for the info zrgreen.  Could you send me the web address for Planet AC.  I had found the place once but can't anymore.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
zr5, it is www.planetarcticcat.com. Don't know if you have bought from them before, but I have, good discounts on accessories and apparel as compared to dealer. Order usually shows up in a week to 10 days. Have to pay shipping, but it still works out to be less than my local taxes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts