Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
I love looking at snowmobiling pics. Were those pics taken in Cochrane?  With permafrost 1 3/4 track this year, it should be no problem making it up that hill.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is the first pit on your way into town coming out of Lillabelle Lake Lodge.

Good guess Go4it

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
seems like it looked familiar

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
That's what good riding buds are for.  

One to lay on the ground laughing, and the other to take pics.

I love it.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I know it's a Gade but you still cant idle up even the smallest of hills...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
ladyk any other pics of cochrane powder?,im curious as to where you guys have ridden in the area

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
We know a few spots but i am sure there are many more hidden gems.  There is 2 pits on the way into town from lillabell, plus all the huge field around the lodge .  Behind that school can be pretty crazy too
  There is also a great pit just outside of town on the a106c its on both sides of the trail.  We have broken much sweat there digging
  Basically anywhere we can get off the trail and bust powder we can. The hydro lines are great up there.  I cant believe we didnt destroy anything last year with all the off trail running.  This year a plan on spending ALOT of time in Fraserdale now that there is going to be gas there and the addition of my rack

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
When our hard drive died a few months ago i lost most pictures of last winter
 there are pics at DANR and PHAZERHATERS pic page Team renegade pics

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hopefully Panteraone, and I can take u guys out this year, we usually burn alot of gas, and have alot of Fun

Just to let u know how i like to ride, i put on 2400 miles on my 02 RMK 700 151, but i'd say at the most maybe 300 of those mile were on the trail, the rest were all bust'n powder.....

I LOVE IT....

·
Registered
530 Posts
That's just halarious that he's just laying on his back laughing.  Cause I've done that before when some of my friends or myself have been stuck.  You just think to yourself, how did I get myself into this position.  

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
02mxz600 I was laughing so hard i couldn't breathe or move.

We ride the exact same RMK911.  If there is a powerline or powder beside the trail were in it. Trails are just for getting to the next pit or powder area
  This year with the extra gas, should be able to go farther.  Last year we had to go to the gas station 3 times a day.  The powder sher eats up the fuel.
We saw many spots that had single trails branching off to nowhere. Some where down rivers leaving brown slushy trails
 A GPS would be an asset up there.

Last edited by permafrost at Sep. 25, 2002, 09:27am

·
Registered
22 Posts
We should be able to have some fun this winter then if we can get out a couple of time together :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Originally posted by permafrost@Sep 25 2002, 09:22 AM
02mxz600 I was laughing so hard i couldn't breathe or move.

We ride the exact same RMK911.  If there is a powerline or powder beside the trail were in it. Trails are just for getting to the next pit or powder area :D   This year with the extra gas, should be able to go farther.  Last year we had to go to the gas station 3 times a day.  The powder sher eats up the fuel.
We saw many spots that had single trails branching off to nowhere. Some where down rivers leaving brown slushy trails :0:  A GPS would be an asset up there.
Hell yeah powder eats up snow. When we got 18" of snow in one night I had to stop every 40 miles. One tank was even less then that. My machine was still kinda new too. So, I'm sure that made a little difference. I think I got 33-35 miles on one tank. I can't wait to get out there again. But you have to admit, getting stuck is half the fun.:)

·
Registered
360 Posts
It`s almost time now Boy`s powder crushing up in Cochrane............can`t wait :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts