Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a '94 VMAX 600 with e-start and reverse for cheap in the paper.  Needs skis and a battery.  Didn't get to test ride it [no snow] but I tried to move the the suspension with no success.  I'm fairly light so I had the seller [250lbs] try to move the front suspension but they didn't budge.  Will they free up once the sled is ridden for the first time this season?  The rear felt solid as well.  I'm guessing I could pull the skid and find out the problem but I'm not sure if the front suspension can be serviced.  Any ideas?

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
jetrep,
 is it cold there ? my thoughts are a rusty shaft on the shock caused the seal to leak and take in water that froze. the ice is why the suspension will not move.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was in the 40s when I looked at it, very little chance of ice.  The front shock on the skid was free, just the rear section was solid.  I'm thinking one of the inner shafts wasn't greased (if so equipped) and rusted.  The seller knows nothing about sleds so not much maintenance was done.  He just got out of prison and needs money  

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
jetrep,
 just got out of prison ? don't tell him where you live.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts