Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 98 XC 700, and when I brought it home, I noticed the wire going to the temp gauge on the block had cut away.

I've looked and I can get another temp guage from an indy salvage yard and was wondering if it was easy to install?

Does anyone know of a good site for these types of repairs for 98 indy's?

Thanks

·
Registered
791 Posts
Do you mean the temp sender on/in the head? I do not recall seeing a sending unit on the block. Is this a polaris water temp gauge or just the sending unit for the high temp light that has a broken wire?

·
Registered
282 Posts
have that sled. It does not have a temp gauge. It only has a sending unit on the head. Let me know if I can help with any other info. My 98 is in the garage. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Originally posted by 98xc700@Oct 23 2002, 01:53 AM
have that sled. It does not have a temp gauge. It only has a sending unit on the head. Let me know if I can help with any other info. My 98 is in the garage. :thumbsup:
How do you know he doesn't have an accessory Polaris water temp gauge on his sled. And not just the light.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the confusion.. I'm a confused little boy :hallo10:

The block has what looks like a nut that screws into it, and a wire going back to the relay. This determines if the sled is overheating, and if so, the light will display on the speedometer.

I'm wondering if there is a way of replacing the wire, or woudld I need a new temp "nut" to screw into the block.

NB Do you guys know a good site on the internet that explains how to do simple repairs on polaris sleds?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts