Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a coolant temp gauge in 2000 ZL? I see that Arctic Cat lists one in their accessories catalogue for only 80 bucks. This seems cheaper than aftermarket. How tough is it to install? Will it fit in the dash? Is the kit complete or is there other hardware to buy and will it just plug into the existing wiring harness? I will check with the dealer next week, but just thought one of you guys knew. Thanks

·
Registered
428 Posts
when i was at my dealer the other day there was a 2002 touring sled that had all the gauges in it . i think that the temp gauge was below and to the left of the tach since both sleds hoods look the same it should fit in the dash. as for the wiring i don't know, tell us your findings thou i've been interested in putting a temp gauge in my 96zr

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally checked this out. The kit is complete. Just needs to be mounted in the dash, hooked up to an exsisting connection in the wiring harness, and some hardware spliced into the coolent hose.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Finally checked this out. The kit is complete. Just needs to be mounted in the dash, hooked up to an exsisting connection in the wiring harness, and some hardware spliced into the coolent hose.
[/b]

Yes the cat kit is awesome !! It is so easy to use and will actually fit almost ANY sled out there. They come with the harness and gauge and sending unit and a aluminum coolant block. You just cut your dash hole, wire up the gauge, run the harness under your motor and find a nice spot to cut a 1inch section out of your coolant hose and then slide the hose ends over each side of the block and hose clamp them. Plug the hanress into the block and go. These kits are so easy it is a no brainer !!

·
Registered
538 Posts
As far as I know (at least with cars), temp sensors are all the same. You could easily buy one from an autoparts store for less money. It would go together the same. If your into that it may be some cool color glow too. If not, maybe the AC one would look more factory.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If the sled is all stock, why waste the money???
[/b]

Is this question serious?

No matter if it is stock or not, you would put your trust in a small light on the dash to tell you that your temp is getting too hot? Why would you ever do that? What happens if that light happens to blow out while on the trail ? There are too many reasons to list for a temp gauge so I wont get into them all. The best and easiest word is..

Insurance.. cheap too. $80.00 gauge.... or hundreds of dollars if your sleds starts running hot for some reason.

I think this is a no brainer here. But maybe I am just anal. I like to know just what temp my motor is running at.

As far as I know (at least with cars), temp sensors are all the same. You could easily buy one from an autoparts store for less money. It would go together the same. If your into that it may be some cool color glow too. If not, maybe the AC one would look more factory.
[/b]

No they are not the same.

1st The sending unit in the sled will not work with an auto gauge.
2nd The cat system comes with all wiring and the sending unit.
3rd The sensor you purchase for an auto gauge may not fit into the head on yor sled.

Also it looks much better to have a gauge that looks like the rest.. in my opinion anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts