Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 93 670 motor that I put in my 89 mx. The temp gauge doesn't work. I was told that the sending unit is probably for a dummy light. I removed it and replaced it with the one that came with the 89 462 motor.
I connected the green & purple wires together as I was told. Now the gauge just goes right to the max.
Has anyone replaced a dummy light with a temp gauge on a 93 Mach before?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I'm confused..Everything is still the same except for the engine?..Why do you need to change the wiring with the same temp sending unit as what was with the sled originally?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm confused..Everything is still the same except for the engine?..Why do you need to change the wiring with the same temp sending unit as what was with the sled originally?[/b]
The newer 93 motor came with a dummy light not a gauge. The sending units are different.
The wiring harness for the electronics and sending units are attached to the motor. They plug into the wiring harness on the sled.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The newer 93 motor came with a dummy light not a gauge. The sending units are different.
The wiring harness for the electronics and sending units are attached to the motor. They plug into the wiring harness on the sled.[/b]
]

My 93 670 has a temp guage, not that it makes a difference. Why not use the sending unit off you old engine, or am I missing something.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
]

My 93 670 has a temp guage, not that it makes a difference. Why not use the sending unit off you old engine, or am I missing something.[/b]
I am. However it just has 1 post not 2 terminals.
What colour are the wires going to your sending unit?
Everyone is telling me to look for yellow and green or purple and yellow.
I've got green & purple.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am. However it just has 1 post not 2 terminals.
What colour are the wires going to your sending unit?
Everyone is telling me to look for yellow and green or purple and yellow.
I've got green & purple.[/b]
I have one green and one purple wire coming off my two post sending unit. This sled appears to be CAN as the MPH is actually KPH. Maybe you just need to change to a different sending unit?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The original sending unit that came with the 670 motor has two posts. Now after ohms testing it I belive that it is a gauge sending unit not one for a dummy light as I was told. ( I think the purple wire was the confusion).
My next step is to put the 670 sending unit back in and try to find a gauge from a 93.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts