Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
The temp guage does not work on my 1998 Formula III 700.
Where should I start troubleshooting. If I connect the two sending unit wires together should the temp guage do something? I was also thinking that if I heated up the sending unit it probally should change resistance. I have not tried anything yet those were a couple of things I was thinking about trying. Any help would be great.
Thanks,
JemmS

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you remove the sending unit and connect an ohms meter to it while running it under hot water you should see a change in the resistance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've always found it best to start with the basics. Is there enough coolant for the temp guage to work? Are all the wires connected and free of corrosion, including any grounds? If all is good then I would probably pull the sensor and check the Ohms change with heat change. Hope this helps

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
The temp guage does not work on my 1998 Formula III 700.
Where should I start troubleshooting. If I connect the two sending unit wires together should the temp guage do something? I was also thinking that if I heated up the sending unit it probally should change resistance. I have not tried anything yet those were a couple of things I was thinking about trying. Any help would be great.
Thanks,
JemmS[/b]
ttt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts