Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one installed a tempa flow on a 99 ZL 600 with flat slides or similar sled?
It sounds easy but I don't know about drilling into the side of the carb. I looked at the instructions on holtsman's web site and it looks like the vaccuum line gets attached to the top of one of the carbs (on the flat slides), but where do the other lines get attached to? Drilled & tapped into the side of the carb? It's hard to tell from the schematic drawing they provide. Does anyone have pictures? Advice? Did it work as good as you expected it to? I know alot of questions. Any feed back would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
404 Posts
I too would like to hear some feedback on this...I have a 02 ZR6 w/flatsides, once I seen the bit about drilling into carb I too shyed away?

Sounds like it could be good

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Johnny, I have been asking questions about that lately myself. The other carb doesn't get drilled because the vacuum lines do the work. Ecopter directed me to Totallyamaha.com. Go there and fumble around, I thing in the Tech section, there are some real good articles on the Tempa-flo. Looks real easy and no one seems to have a complaint about it. I know it's a Yammi sight, but it is really cool. If someone finds one this in depth for Cats, let me know.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've installed them on a xc600 with flat sides. I didn't drill anything on the sides, just the top. The system works very well. I think you see the optional location for round slides that requires you to drill it in the side. There is enough pressure drawn off the top. The regulator unit is in the airbox with a hose on it that comes out of the box to the carb. You will see a small amount of the regulator sticking out of the box too! Make sure you jet the carbs for the coldest that you ride. -20. I think u can go the the holtzman site and get help if you need it. The system is too easy to install. I took me around 1.5 hours from start to finish.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dajetfixx, thanks for the info. Are the instructions the same as on there web site or do you get something different? Also if your sled is rich to start with (stock) and you install tempa flow can you lean it out with out changing needle jets, pilots etc? I've heard to many stories about changing needles and having a lean midrange. I think my sled is gereally fat from 1/8 to full throttle. It would be great to just make an adjustment on the tempa flow and lean it down overall. Again thank for the info.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have to agree with Jim, The TY site is great even if it is a Yammy site. I'm a member (DP-Doug) Have met and rode with a lot of people from there. No bashing a lot of good natured jabs. As for the tempaflow ask Skidooboy on TY he did the install and posted pictures back in the spring on his 01 SRX 700! I've even considered this on the new 02 Z440 snow pro that we just purchased!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yeah you can lean them out, but just be careful how much. I would jet it for -20 and ride it. You can adjust the regulator but thats more for altitude than temp. I didn't have to adjust anything after I put them on. I know you can call holtzman and get all the help you need. The on line directions should be the same as whats in the box. I think it states that once you start the sled you have to run the engine at idle for a few min before you ride it at full throttle. My 2000 xc600 would pull away from the 2002 xc 700's on top end after the install but not before.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have heard different things about them, 1. don't waste your money and 2. There great. So when you get them on that 600 ZL let me know how you like them K? Rick

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
What prices have you guys been quoted for the Tempa-Flo? I think their website says about $159.00. Is it cheaper at the shops?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think there $140 at my dealer, never heard ANY complaints about tempa-flows or vari-flows for that matter up here. A lot of people use them due to weird temp and altitude changes here, I myself just purchased an ATACC and look forward to having it on my sled!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In the 2003 Black Magic catalog there are two types of tempa flows listed. One listed as "Tempa Flow - $ 85" and the second as "Tempa Flow II Mixture Control - $ 157". The $157 sounds like the number I've seen other places, if so then whats the difference between that one and the one for $85. Anyone know?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts