Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i already posted a question but heres another one, i know the tempa flow is compared to the ski-doo efi models. i plan on doin modblaster pipes and kick azz filters, and i already v-force reeds and a stinger. would tempa flow work good for me or is it just another gimmick. i ride up in New hampshire, vermont and maine.(on the border of canada)
the only reason why i ask because i hate trying to rejet the thing, i like to hop on and ride, but arctic-cat made that hard for me when they screwed up the 99 zrt 800, and made as fast as 700.

thanks again

·
Registered
172 Posts
i am not very familiar with the tempa-flow's, but if they are the kind that go in the fuel line, then i would pass.   I don't think you can really meter the amount of fuel your sled is getting by the fuel line, not accuratly anyway, save your money and buy few sets of jets, cause after one burndown, you will have to anyway.
I would just put the Kick-A$$ filters on the sled and jet it the proper way, done right you should never have any problems. also look into getting something to keep an eye on the EGT's with(because of the pipes), may it be analog or digital, just something to keep an eye on the exhaust temps with.
If I am not mistaken, your sled has Flatslides on it, and most jet tools don't work very well(not long enough), so i just use the handle part of a multi-screwdriver set. Makes changing jets on the flatslides much easier.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have a mach z that has lots of engine mods but no pipes yet after two years with tempa flow i can say that it is probabaly the best money you could spend.We put one on a buddys new mxz800 standard and his power and mileage are way better than another buddys 800 with dpm.For radar runs or where the sled sits and could heat soak the tempa flow you either should run a bypass or be careful for a few minutes after restarting.My buddys 800 mx will run very lean after restarting while my mach isnt nearlly as sensitive.Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts